Chapter 34

Grace's POV

I woke up cuddled with Luca, who was still fast asleep. Chester was gone so it was just us two on the couch. It smelled of bacon in the house so I could only assume that Chester had made some breakfast. I didnt want to get up, or disturb Luca so I laid there and cuddled the young boy. Chester may have been right. I thought to myself. I want someone like Luca to live in our house. I want to cuddle this boy to sleep every night. I hate myself. Luca began to stir so I looked down as he opened his eyes. "Morning sweetheart." I whispered. "Why I'm not in my bed?" He whispered back. "Because we all fell asleep."
"Where's uncle Chester?"
"I don't know. Wanna go look for him?" I asked. He smiled. "I wanna stay with you!" He said before he buried himself in the blanket. I smiled and pulled him closer and out my head back down. "Well then I guess he's just going to have to find us." I closed my eyes and listened to his breathing. "Can we go back to the park?" Luca asked. "If we have time honey. Uncle Chester might be able to take you." I said. I didn't open my eyes. "Where are you going?" He asked. "I have to work."
"Where?"
"Here at home. In my office." I replied.
"Can I help?" He asked. I opened my eyes and looked at him. "Maybe. If I find something for you to do." I laughed. "Okay. Can we go play?" Luca asked. "Just let me get ready. You go find Chester." I sat up and Luca jumped off the couch. He ran around the house and I walked upstairs into my office to do my hair and makeup.

Chester's POV

I was in the pool house looking for the bag. I'd looked high and low for it but couldn't find it. I opened the head of the knight and l looked inside. There at the bottom was the bag. I couldn't reach in to grab it though. I took the knight off of the ledge and tipped it over. The bag dropped out and I put the knight back. I grabbed the bag and brought the box out. "Uncle Chester!!" I heard Luca yell. I put the box in my drawer and walked out. "Morning little buddy. Sleep well?" I asked. I picked him up and walked inside. "Yes. Aunt Grace kept me warm. She went to go get ready. She can't take me to the park today. She has to work here and I might be able to help her." He said as I set him down on the counter. "Is that so?" I asked. I grabbed him a plate and put the bacon and eggs I already cooked on and set it down beside him. "Well I'd love to take you to the park."
"Yea! Can you go on the swings with me?" He asked. "I'm too big. But I'll try. Now go eat." I set him down on the floor and he sat at the table. A few minutes later Grace walked downstairs and into the kitchen. "Morning sweetheart." I said and walked to give her a hug. "Good morning." We hugged for a few seconds and then I went to get our plates of breakfast. "So whats the plan today?" I asked. "I have to work. Yesterday I didn't have time to finish much, and i have to film for tomorrow." Grace said. "Are you making a movie!?" Luca asked. "Not quite. But close." She responded. "Just do a vlog of today. It'll save you time." I suggested. "Uh well.."
"It will be fine."
"Alright." We finished is he'd breakfast and cleaned up the kitchen and family room, and now we are getting ready to go.

Grace's POV

I picked up my vlogging camera and turned it on. "Hey guys, I don't have a real video for you so today I'm just going to do a little day in the life. Nothing special. Don't expect too much. So uh right now I'm just getting ready to leave and go to the park. As strange as it seems I am. It'll be fun." I walked out of my office and into the bedroom to get dressed. I put the camera on the dresser and went to my closet. I grabbed an outfit, changed and grabbed , my camera before walking downstairs. "What's that?" Luca asked, pointing to the camera. "Well it's a camera." I told him. "Why do you have it?" He asked. "Well this is what I use to make a living. I shoot videos and put them on the Internet." I explained to him. I grabbed his hand and led him outside to the car. "What's that?"
"It's a place where people put things for other people to see."
"Oh." I buckled him in and got in the car. Chester was in the driver's seat, and started the car. "Let's go." He said as he backed out of the driveway. I opened my camera back up. "So we are on the road heading to the park." I leaned up against the window so that Luca was out of frame. "Uh currently this is the only thing fun happening today unless something changes." I put the camera on Chester. "Dog pool." He said, nodding his head. I laughed and changed the cameras direction. "Okay so I bought Goose a dog pool and yesterday we thought it would be a great idea to finally use it. It was a very wet experience. And it's actually kind of difficult to put together."
"No it's not. You just need the proper set up area. A hill is not a good idea." Chester said off frame. "It was fine. Where you set it up doesn't matter." I argued. "You should put it in my room." Luca said. I turned he camera so that he was in frame. "Is that so Luca? Are you gonna clean the water on he floor?" I asked laughing. "Noo! Doggy will!" He laughed. We all laughed. "Yea? Doggy will make it all go away." I started laughing again. Chester pulled up to the park and i closed the camera. I got out and unbuckled Lucas seat belt, lettng him out. He grabbed our hands and just like yesterday we swung him around until he got to the playground. Then him and Chester went to the swings and Chester pushed Luca. I brought out my phone and video taped a the bit of it before turn in my phone off and joining them. "You know, he'd go a lot higher if you push harder Chester?" I said as. Sat down on a swing and went back and forth. "I'm a master. I can go the highest." Luca bragged. "Is that so?" Chester asked. He got on a swing and we all went up and down until we got higher and higher off the ground. Chester and I slowed down so that Luca could get higher. Luca slowed down and started laughing. "I told you I was the master!" He said as he climbed off the swing. I went and sat down as Chester and Luca went to the playground. I sat for a little while when a stranger walked up. "It's cute isn't it? I love seeing a little family together." She said. "Yea. That's my husband." I said fondly. I could talk about him like that because she didn't know me. "Oh really? He is quite the lucky one to have you. And so is your son. I hope you guys only go up hill." She smiled. "Thank you." I said and she walked away. Chester and Luca walked over and we walked back to the car as a little family. Hand in hand, swaying Luca back and forth. Once buckled in we went back home. "So we just left the park, and it was fun." I turned to Chester to tell him about the girl. "A girl walked up to me and was talking about you two." I started. "Oh yea? What did she say?" Chester asked. "She said it was really cute how you two were playing together." Chester smiled. He reached his hand over the seat and Luca reached up to high five it.  A few minutes later we pulled into the driveway and all went inside. I put my phone on the counter and walked upstairs. I needed to nap. "Aunt Grace! Where are you going?" Luca yelled after he yawned. "I'm going to take a nap. Chester does Luca need to sleep?" I called out. "Yea. In about 15 minutes but you guys can crash early. I'll be in the pool house." I heard him call out. I walked upstairs and into our room. I heard Luca's footsteps follow and I turned around. "Aren't you gonna go nap?" I asked him. "I wanna sleep with you." He said. I smiled and he jumped on the bed. I laid down and pulled Luca close and closed my eyes. Soon after I fell asleep.