Chapter 37

Thanks to all who entered suggestions for the 5 chapter 3000 word contest. It was great to read you suggestions.

Grace's POV

I woke up in the morning to Goose licking my forehead and then pulling something off. I was alone on the couch. No one was making a sound in the house, so I got up and looked around. The house was empty so I walked out to Chester's studio and opened the door. No one was there. I walked back inside and grabbed my phone to call Chester. No answer. I texted him. Not delivered. "CHESTER!" I yelled throughout the house. I opened the door and walked to the sidewalk to see if he had taken Goose for a walk. No one. I called Mamrie. She picked up second ring.

Helbig! Long time no talk. What's up?

Mamrie we just went out for dinner.

Right. Anyways what's up?

Chester and Luca are gone.

What do you mean gone?

Like I've looked everywhere. They aren't here. He hasn't answered my calls or my texts.

Let me try. Hold on. Hannah did you wanna call Chester? She said away from the phone.

Hannah's there?! Why didn't she let me know she was here?

Grace he answered.

What did he say? Where is he!?

Grace it wasn't Chester that answered.

Who did?

Grace...

WHO ANSWERED MAMRIE?!?

It was a girl. A girl? Chester wouldn't cheat.

Is it Wendy?

Chester's on the phone.

FOR PETES SAKES MAMRIE PUT HIM ON SPEAKER!!

ALRIGHT HELBIG!!!

Chester?!

Grace what's wrong?

WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?!?!

I'm at the airport? Did you not read the note?

There was no note.

It was on your head. We taped it there.

The dog got it. Why the hell are you at the airport?

Luca's leaving. Had to drop him off. I didn't want to wake you.

No no. Luca is still here for another week.

Change of plans. They stopped at the airport as a layover and then bought a ticket for Luca. They are bringing them with.

I didn't get to say goodbye.

You still can. Hi Aunt Grace! Luca's voice filled the speaker and I smiled.

Hey prince! Its a shame you have to leave already.

I know. Mommy and daddy are bringing me with them now. I have to wait with Uncle Chester until I see them.

I know. Well I hope you had fun here.