Chapter 35

Grace's POV

We splashed around in the dog pool for half an hour before we had to get dried off and ready for dinner. "Sweetie you need to wear something nice tonight okay? Do you need uncle Chester to help you?" I asked Luca as I was doing my hair. He nodded his head and ran to the bedroom where Chester was getting ready. In a few years Grace. In a few years.

Chester's POV

Luca came running into the room just as I put my jacket on. "What do you need little man?" I asked. It was so fun having him around the house. Especially since Grace wants to have kids now. "I need you to help me get dressed." He responded. "Ok. Let's go." We walked into Lucas room and I opened his drawer pulling out one of the nice pairs of shorts his parents packed him. I looked around his shirt drawer and found a nice collared shirt the same colour as mine. "Boom. Then come back and I'll make your hair all cool." I said ruffling the top of his head. "Can it be spiky!?" He asked. "Of course." I said over dramatically. I bounded up the stairs and walked into the office where Grace was just finishing her hair. "You look beautiful." I said from the doorway. She looked up from her mirror and smiled. "You don't look to bad yourself, See." She responded. I smiled and walked into the room. When I saw her sweatpants I laughed. "Grace are you going to change yet?" I asked. She looked down at her t shirt and sweats and shrugged. "I think it's a good look." She said. She got up and turned everything in the office off, grabbed her heels and walked into the bedroom. She opened the closet and looked through some of her dresses before setting her eyes on a Navy blue dress. Much like the color of my blazer. Luca ran up upstairs and into the room. "Ta da!" He said showing his outfit. I looked at Grace. She was smiling from ear to ear. "You look so handsome. Is Chester going to do your hair?" She asked. He nodded his head and then looked at me. "To the bathroom." I said before leaving the room right behind Luca. I set him on the counter and wet my hands before running them through his hair to give him spikes. I looked under the counter and brought out some hairspray and shielded his fade before spraying all over his head. I grabbed a brush and brushed it up before clapping my hands and letting him turn around. "Go ahead. You like it?" I asked as he turned around to examine his hair in the mirror. "It's so cool!" I let him down and he ran back into the bedroom where Grace just slipped on her dress. She saw his reflection in the mirror and smiled. "Well look at you. Matching Chester, but with better hair." She said. "My hair is pretty cool." I defended. She smiled and finished putting her earings in. She turned around and bent down to Luca's level. She fixed his collar before giving him a kiss on the forehead. "What nothing for me?" I asked. She leaned in and gave me a kiss which a happily received and returned. "Are you happy?" She asked. "Well if you wanted to make me happy maybe later..." I started. "No thanks. Now let's go." She said. We all made our way downstairs and Grace went to feed Goose. I went out to the car with Luca and i buckled him in before getting in the drivers side of the car. I could see Graces silhouette through the kitchen curtains as she bent down to put her bowl of food on the floor. A minute later Grace walked out and got into the car. "Let's go!" I said. Grace pulled out her phone 5 minutes later and began talking. I kept my eyes on the road as she talked about how Luca and i were matching and that for some odd reason we had to go to a fancy restaurant. Truth be told i planned this and invited Mamrie and Hannah. I know fancy isn't a big thing for us but It might be nice to do something special. "... so I will keep you updated tonight and stuff." She ended the recording and put her phone away. 10 minutes later we pulled up to the restaurant and all got out. Grace was holding Lucas hand as we walked in. I walked up to the pedestal and looked at the woman. "Hi. Reservation for See." I said. Grace walked up and took my hand. She smiled and led us through the restaurant. She rested at the table where Mamrie was sitting. "Evening!" Mamrie said. "Mind if I join you?"

Grace's POV

  "What's this?" I asked. " I just wanted to treat you guys. And I wanted to talk about some stuff." He replied. I sat Luca down beside me and Chester pulled out a chair for me. I sat down and looked at Mamrie. "What's going on?" I asked. Mamrie looked at me for a second before opening her mouth. "We want you to get married." She stated. I looked to Chester. "Did you do this?" I asked. He shook his head. "Not this part." Luca grabbed my hand and I held on tightly. A waiter came over and handed us a wine menu and dinner menu. He placed a paper menu and some crayons in front of Luca. "Thank you." I said to him. "No problem Ms. Helbig." He said before walking away. Luca continued to hold my hand as he coloured. I opened the menu and looked for something to eat. "Okay seriously Grace. You are going to actually get married right?" I looked up from the menu and looked at Mamrie. "Don't you think this a husband and wife conversation?" I asked. " That's the problem. You aren't married." Mamrie said. Chester piped up. "Let's not. Look obviously something is going to happen. We just haven't planned anything." He didn't look up from the menu. "Exactly." I said looking back down at the menu. "What are you going to have sweetie?" I asked Luca. He put down his crayon and flipped the page over to the menu. He pointed to the hamburger and i smiled. "Alright. Perfect. What were you drawing?" I asked. He flipped the page to three stick people who looked like they were holding hands. "Who are those people?" I asked him. "That's you." He pointed to the lady on the right. "That's uncle Chester." He pointed to the man on the left. "And that's me." He pointed to the little boy in the middle. "That's beautiful. And who's this?" I asked pointing to a white and brown animal. "That's Doggy!!" He cried. I laughed and showed the picture to Chester. He smiled and showed the picture to Mamrie. He looked to me and grabbed my hand, rubbing his thumb along the top of my hand. I smiled and looked to Luca. One day. I thought. One day. We continued on with dinner and ordered desert when a teenage girl walked up to me. "Hi. Are you Grace Helbig?" She asked. "Yes. That would be me. What can I do for you?" I asked. She looked around the table and rested her eyes on Luca, more specifically Lucas hand for it was resting in mine. She looked back to me and smiled. "I was just wondering if I could get a picture with the table. I'm a real big fan of all of you." She said. "Of course! What's your name?" I asked." Samantha." She replied. "Well Samantha chose anywhere along the table." I responded. She walked along to the back of the table where Mamrie and Luca were and who I'm guessing to be a parent walked up with a phone and we all smiled. They thanked us and walked away. I turned back to the table and Mamrie brought up the wedding.