Chapter 17

Thanks to @debrahelbig for leaving a simple comment that gave me a big idea.

"Chester?" I walked into the kitchen and noticed Chester was nowhere to be found. "Chester??" I walked up stairs searching through all of the rooms. "Chester!!!" I was downstairs again when I heard a dog bark. I walked to the backyard and just took in what I was seeing. Chester had bought Goose a dog pool and had just finished setting it up. They were playing together and Chester was soaking wet. I couldn't tell him. I opened the door and noticed that Chester had a sprinkler on and it seemed as if it was raining. "What are you doing?!" I asked. "Enjoying myself. Get over here." He replied. I ran out and before long I was tackled to the ground covered in mud. "You've got to be kidding me. I'm covered in mud. I can't go inside." I said. "No worries." Chester picked me up off of the ground and pulled me into his arms. "I will get you inside." I pulled away a little bit and then we kissed. In the rain. I mean it wasn't actually rain but it wasn't sunny out today anyways and the sprinkler gave off a great effect. I pulled away and just smiled at him. But then it didn't take long for me to think about Hannah and I that one day. "I'm sorry." I said. "For what? Kissing me? I thought this was something that could happen." He replied. "Chester when you left I thought you were gone. Then Hannah showed up to tell me that she broke up with Mamrie and- and then she kissed me." I was crying now. In the rain. "Did you kiss her back?" He asked holding me in his arms. "I'm sorry." He sighed. "How far did it go?" He asked. He was still hiding me close. I was thinking. It wasn't just a kiss, it definitely wasn't sex. But it was little bit past making out. "Did you have sex with her?" He demanded my answer. "No. We well I guess we made out. She was going to go further but I backed away holing that you would come home. That I would have you." He let go of me, unplugged the sprinkler and went inside. "Clean yourself up before coming back in." He stated then shut the door. And locked it. I screwed up this time. And it was Hannah's fault. Well no it was Hannah's and my fault. I grabbed the hose and rinsed the majority of the mud off of my body. I sat outside before o realized he didn't lock the front door, or I thought he didn't. I snuck around front leaving Goose in the closed in backyard and stepped onto the porch. I put my hand on the handle and pushed.

Ending version 1: choose whichever you enjoy the most and comment below on which is better.

It opened. I hurried inside and closed the door quietly. I didn't find him on the first level so I quietly snuck upstairs all of a sudden I heard a shower start. I knew it was Chester so I snuck into the bedroom to see what was going on. He hadn't packed anything up yet. But what did catch my eye was a notebook sitting on the chair. I walked over and picked it up, it was his songbook. I could see he had written it today, there were tear stains on the paper. I decided to read what he had already begun to write.

It was a day I would never forget between kiss in the rain and you causing the pain. I've locked all my doors packing my bags but if there is one thing I know it's that today would be a day would never forget.

He was obviously hinting about Hannah and I. I feel so bad but he needed to know what happened. It would've eaten me up if I didn't tell him. The shower stopped and I put the book backend fled downstairs. Little did I know I was still soaking wet from the hose so my footprints all over the house. Crap. I thought now he will know I read it. I heard the door open and I began to worry I got here the floor creak as he took slow steps towards the bedroom. "Grace where are you? I know you got in the house!" I heard him yell. I stepped to the bottom of the stairs as he walked by. He turned to look at me. I started crying a little bit and all Chester did was watch. "How did you get inside? I thought I locked the doors." He asked "th-the front door." I replied shakily "Why did you tell me about you and Hannah?"
"I couldn't live with not telling you. I thought you left me Chester and she had broken up with Mamrie."
"Why do you think I left you?"  "Because we got into that fight. I thought you were fed up with me. Th-that you would rather be with T-Taryn."
"Why didn't you call me?"
"I was but that is when Hannah came over, and then it happened."
"You guys didn't go to the bedroom." He seemed to have stated. I nodded. "Are you in love with me?" He asked softening his tone. "Of course."
"Are you in love with her?" Now I had to think. I loved Hannah and now I had a chance to be with her. All I had to do was say yes. I opened my mouth to speak when the door bell rang...

Ending version 2:

It was locked. He didn't want me inside. I went back to the backyard to play with Goose until Chester decided to let me back into my own house. It was getting dark out and I was still outside with Goose. It had probably been one hour or so and I was just doing whatever to pass my time. All of a sudden I heard a click and the door opened. I bolt up and run to the door. I ran into his arms but he didn't hug m back. "I'm sorry Chester. I never meant for it to happen. I just- I thought you left me." I started crying. "So you can yell at me for calling- or rather being called by my ex-girlfriend but I can't be mad at you for making out with another girl?!?" I no longer embraced Chester, but we had closed the door and we're both standing in my office. "I never said that. Chester I expect you to be mad. I would be if the tables were turned. I'm just asking for your forgiveness. I could've kept this inside but j knew I should've told you so I did. Chester I am sorry. It was a mistake."
"Do you love me."
"Of course I do."
"Do you love her?"
"Not as much as I love you Chester."
"Do. You. Love. Her?"
"...