Chapter 25

Then I woke up. I was screaming, I was crying. "Chester!" I screamed. Maybe thinking that by calling his name he would magically appear. Well he wouldn't. I just curled up in bed and cried trying to forget the horrible nightmare that I hoped never became a reality. All of a sudden my phone rang. Chester? Please be Chester. I ran downstairs and retrieved it from the kitchen table. It was Mamrie.
"Hey Helbig!"
"Hey Mamrie."
"So I need a YDAD and I thought I should call you and ask if you'd come over and film for today. I mean if you have time it is. Don't want to interrupt you and Chester time if you know what I mean."
"When should I come." I said with no emotion. "Whenever you want."
"I'll be right over." I hung up the phone and went back upstairs. I needed to get ready quickly. I pulled on a pair of jeans and a casual yet formal sweatshirt with a statement necklace. I brushed my hair and teeth and started my makeup. I just wanted to look presentable. I finished that and rushed into my office grabbing my awesome animal print shoes and rushed downstairs to the fridge. I grabbed a redbull and ran out the door. I got to Mamrie's house 30 minutes later and knocked on the door. "You know not to knock Helbig." Mamrie said as she opened the door. "What's wrong?" She asked. "What? nothing why?" I say as I walk in to look at myself in the mirror. My eyes were red and puffy. "Oh uh. Just tired."
"Come on Grace. Talk to me. Is it Chester?"
"It's nothing Mamrie seriously don't worry about it." I smiled. Her face brightened and she became her usual self. "Alright. Well let's get this thing started and get drunk!!"
"Yea!!" I cheered raising my fist to the air. We shot the YDAD and were just chilling. "So any plans with Chester today?" She asked. I flinched at his name but she didn't notice. "Uh no. Just work." She frowned. "Oh. That's unlike you." She said. I didn't know how to reply. All of a sudden Mamrie shot up. "Is everything okay?" I asked. "Uh yea Helbig. When are you leaving mametown though?"
"Whenever I'm kicked out." I looked down at my phone. It was 11:45. I should go. "Or now. Sorry Mamrie I gotta go." I stood up and started towards the door. "Okay go back to your hubby." I didn't reply. I shut the door and got into my car. I put my head on the steering wheel and cried. I started up the car and drive off. Through the tears of my eyes it was quite blurry. I managed to get home safely to see Chester sleeping on the couch with Goose. I gasped. It wasn't real. He hasn't come back. I tiptoed upstairs, careful to not disturb my hallucination. I went into the washroom and washed my face getting rid of my smeared makeup. I came downstairs again and he was gone. I knew it. "I'm sorry Chester. Please come home." I said aloud as if he was on the couch but not. "It's okay. Like I said... I always come home to my princess."