Chapter 27

People say that there are three people who come into your life and majorly change your life. For better or for worse is your decision. Chester is one of those people. I love Chester, but Hannah is a part of me that I'll never let go. Love is something I never completely understood.  Yes you can love someone, like a friend, or a husband or wife, girlfriend or boyfriend, mother or father. But I feel like the connection I have between Hannah and Chester doesn't fit into any of those categories. Like the universe is trying to tell me that they are special. That they are different. I will never fully grasp the concept of love, that is until I've completely fallen in. But as the days drag on I feel like I should be making a decision. Between the two. And I feel that I've made it. That I've finally broken free of this burden. That I've come out of my shell of confusion. I look at the ring on my left hand. Placed on the fourth finger. My wedding finger. I feel like I've made the correct choice. The circular piece of silver that rests on my hand is more than. A circle is never ending. But at some point the pencil is on the paper starting that circle. And at some point the pencil is lifted off the paper because the circle is finished, now it's here choice if the circle is the way they want it. No one can have a perfect circle, not without smoothing out all the imperfections along the way. And I feel that I'm smoothing out those imperfections. I looked around the backyard. It was a peaceful environment. I look through my office window and see a dormant room. It had been the place of fights, videos, happy moments and heartfelt conversations. I stood up and decided to go inside. I opened the door and was instantly greeted by a pleasant smell, the sound of the tv, and a singing man. Chester. I walk downstairs to see Chester singing with earbuds in to a song I didn't recognize. He hadn't taken notice of me so I slipped into the living room and sat myself down on the couch. Game of Thrones was currently being streamed on Netflix so I just sat and watched. I pulled out my phone and decided to check Instagram. Mamrie's strange selfies popping up in my feed. But then I saw Hannah's picture. It was a happy selfie. But that's not what bothered me. It was the caption. "Just broke free from my relationship with someone dearest to my heart. Kind of relieving. @gracehelbig. I understood but i didn't want this. "Time to eat Grace." I heard Chester say as he placed the plates on the table. I got up and sat back down at the table. We sat beside each other as I left one hand resting on the table. I felt him grab my hand and I looked over. He was eating not looking up. I turned back to my plate and started to eat. "Don't make plans for tomorrow." He told me. "Chester I do have to work you know. Mamrie needs her YDAD and -"
"Okay. Well I get Friday then."
"Deal." I didn't know why he wanted me to have the day off but hey no work is a bonus. I looked over at Chester and he seemed to be sweating. "Chester see you okay?" I asked concerned.
"Come with me." He gets up and I follow. He leads me into the backyard where Mamrie and Hannah- wait what? Where they're standing giddily. "Chester.." He turned to face me. "Grace I love you okay? But I can't live like this. This isn't what I want anymore and I'm sorry if you do want to live like this. But from the day I met you I knew I loved you. I can't stand being your boyfriend anymore. So with an open heart..." He got down on one knee and called goose over, who had the velvet box from the bag in her mouth. Surprisingly it wasn't slobbery. I raised my hands to my face and started crying. "Grace Anne Helbig. I can't stand to live like this another day, so will you do me the honours of marrying me?" He opened the box and a gold banded ring with a large diamond sat inside.