Chapter 12

I was awake, but I couldn't open my eyes. Or move my arms, or legs. I tried screaming, but nothing came out. I heard the door open. "Grace? What the heck happened here? Grace?" He shook my shoulder but i couldn't show him I was awake. "Grace. Grace! Grace!!!" He screamed.
-911 dispatch.
-hi my girlfriend is on the floor and she isn't conscious.
-has she been in an accident or been knocked out?
-no but she is surrounded by bottles of alcohol.
-okay we will send an ambulance.

I didn't need an ambulance. What was going on? I heard myself being taken to an ambulance. Then a hospital. "Grace please wake up. Please Grace. Please." Why did Chester even call an ambulance? They put stuff in my arm and I heard them talking. "She's paralyzed. It was the alcohol, we should go tell the boyfriend." Someone said, I was pretty sure it was a doctor. They moved me to another room so that it wasn't as hectic and people could come in. I heard who obviously was Chester run into the room. "Oh my god Grace. Please stay with me I love you." He said crying. I tried to wake myself up. I hear the heart monitor beep faster but I keep trying. "Grace!!! Grace no!!" Chester says as I feel myself being whisked away, probably by doctors. "She's trying to wake up. Let's use the defibrillator." I was stopped in a new location. "400jewels. 1,2,3 clear!" I felt a pain in my chest. I cried, trying to make myself heard. Nothing. But something was off. I felt my toes. And my legs. I tried moving them and It worked. "What's the heck is happening here? Can you hear us?" The person asked. I just shook my legs happy to know I had them back. They blasted me again and by then I could do everything but talk. I looked at them as they brought me back to a crying Chester. "Grace!!" He ran over to me. "Oh my gosh Grace. Please don't ever do that to me again. Promise me." "Sir? Miss Helbig is unable to speak right now. The amount of alcohol consumed last night gave her horrible side effects. Paralysis being one of them. Her voice should return shortly." The doctor said and left Chester and I alone. He just looked at me. "Why did you do it?" He asked. I looked at him to show that I couldn't answer. He gave me his phone and I wrote it in his notes and handed it back. Because, Chester I'm in love with you. I didn't know what to do. He read it to himself and looked at me tears in his eyes. "You mean it?" He asked crying. I nodded my head. "I'm in love with you too. I am in love with you Grace. Just please don't resort to drinking." He said.  He picked up my cold hand and placed it in his hand. His warmth made me feel like everything was fine. "I won't." I manage to whisper. He just smiled and kissed my hand.

A few days later I was let go and he dropped my off at my house. "Chester?" I asked while staring out the window. "Yes Grace?"
"What if you were here more often?"
"What do you mean? Like come over more?"
"Like stay over more." I was looking at him now. He just smiled and got out of the car. Opening my door sweeping me up into his arms and carrying me inside. "I'm here to stay." He said plopping me down on the couch. "Good." I reply pulling him down with me into a kiss. We watched tv until we both fell asleep. I woke up in the morning to be greeted by a very pleasant smell. Chester was in the kitchen cooking breakfast. "What are you doing?" I asked wrapping my hands sound his torso. "Well I wouldn't want you to starve. So I'm making breakfast." He said. I kissed his neck and went to feed Goose. I ft the food and put it into the bowl waiting for Goose. She came around the corner and tackled me to the ground. "Grace you okay?" Chester asked. "Yea I'm fine. Go eat Goose." I got up and walked back into the kitchen and grabbed my camera walking into my studio. I set the camera up and sat down. I stared at the camera for a good 5 seconds before beginning. "Well hello. I know it's been a while since I posted a video and I'm sorry. But today I'm going to just do a stream of consciousness video because I have no new material. So you guys probably heard that I was in the hospital and I guess I should tell you why. Well. I'm pregnant!! I'm just gonna let that soak in before I tell you the other news. I'm getting married!! Gonna let that soak in because I have one last thing to tell you... I'm pregnant with a dog!! And I'm marring Goose!!" I pan the camera down to Goose. "I'm kidding. But imagine if it was true. Hehe." "Grace breakfast is ready!!" I pull the camera back up and sit down. "I don't know." I get up and turn the camera off. I walked into the kitchen and looked around. "Thanks Chester." I say wrapping my arms around his neck and kissing him. "No problem." He says in return. We sit down at the table and start eating. "So I'm going to need to leave because I need new clothes. I'll be back to pick you up and we can go for lunch." He said in between bites. "Uh yea sure. I'll wash your clothes if you want. I'm starting a new load."
"I don't want to intrude with anything."
"I offered."
"Alright. Fine. You do the laundry I cook breakfast."
"Deal." We finished eating and i cleaned up. He left to get some clothes and I was left to get ready after. I finished cleaning and got changed into leggings and a tee. I needed new material for my video. I wasn't impressed with what I had. And plus Chester showed up and I didn't want grester shippers to go to crazy. I took Goose with giving me the excuse to go a little slower then usual. On my way back i saw Chester drive by and I gave him a little wave. He smiled and rolled down the window, slowing down to my pace. "Stress run? What could you possibly be stressed about?" He asked leaning towards the passenger window with his arms in the steering wheel. "My career.  You know how I make a living. I've been slacking." I said quietly huffing between a few words. "Oh well in that case I better leave you and Goose alone then. Good luck." I smiled and he drove on parking the car in the driveway. I picked up the pace a little and Goose and I ran home. We reached the driveway when I saw Chester bringing in a box. "What's that?" I asked. "Oh well you're doing the laundry today. Might as well bring all of my dirty clothes." I laughed and pushed him inside closing the door behind us. "Here give it to me." I said gesturing for the box. He handed it over and followed. "Could you go into my room upstairs and grab the hamper?"
"Uh yea sure. First door in the..."
"Go up the stairs and try. Left. Door is at the end."
"Got it." He went upstairs and got the hamper. "Grace you need to clean your room." He said laughing. "Hahaha. I know I just haven't gotten around to it." He handed me the basket and I threw my clothes in. "Lunch?" He said. "Right I'll just go and
quickly get ready. Give me 5." I ran up the stairs and into my room. Chester was right. This room needs to be cleaned. I quickly got ready and came downstairs.  "You look beautiful." He said. I kissed him on the cheek and we set off for lunch.