Chapter 32

This chapter is dedicated to @libbysullivan. For a prompt given to me before I even asked.

He said. "I'm so sorry. I'm so so sorry Grace." I stayed there in his arms as I heard 'aww' and some people clapping. "Grace. I have something to ask you." Be said. I moved away and he pulled out the box. "Grace. 4 months away from you was horrible and I never want to do that again. I thought about you everyday and I wish I could've taken those words back. Grace Anne Helbig will you marry me again?" He got down on one knee and opened the box with my ring in it. The same ring i threw on the couch before I left. "Yes." I cried. He placed the ring back on my finger and stood up wrapping me in his embrace. All around people were clapping and cheering. Goose barked and I pulled away. "Let's go home." I said. He nodded and grabbed my bag. We walked out hand in hand to the car. "I love you."
"I love you too." I replied.

•••

"We're home. Grace honey time to wake up." He whispered. I opened my eyes and sat up. "Ugh." He chuckled. We got out of the car and I grabbed Gooses leash and walked her inside. I opened the door and lifted my eyes. The house was spotless. New pictures hung from the walls and new little pieces sat around in ledges and tables. I took the leash of and hung it in the now organized closet. "Chester." I looked around and walked upstairs. My office caught my eye as it was completely redone. No more green walls or crappy desks. It was beautiful. "Chester!"
"Should I have not?" He asked as he set the suitcase on the ground. "Why did you?"
"Because I knew you didn't like it." He replied. I threw my arms around him and laughed. The laugh slowly faded into silence. "I'm sorry Chester." I whispered. He held me tighter and put his face in my neck. "No it's my fault. Grace there's a reason you were pissed at me. I don't want you to leave again Grace. Please." He whispered back. "Thank you." I released from his embrace and walked to my desk. My Mac was on and I had a new email. I clicked on it and my smile faded. "What is it?"  Chester asked. "It's my editor." I replied. "Well isn't that a good thing. She's probably going to be giving you dated and stuff right?" I shook my head. "Then what?" I sighed and put my head in my hands. "It's nothing bad-bad. It's just... bad." I said from my hands. "Don't you leave." He said. "Don't you leave without me." I shut down my computer and walked away. He soon followed. "Grace. Are you leaving?" His voice rose a little bit. "Don't you yell at me."
"Sorry. Is that a yes? Are you leaving again?" I walked downstairs and onto the kitchen. "Grace talk to me." I can't tell him. I don't know what to say. "Chester. It has nothing to do with you. Don't worry."
"That's what I'm worried about Grace. That I'm not factored into the decision you make." His voice was rising again. A little louder then last time. "Chester don't yell at me." I said. I opened the fridge. I saw him look down. "Sorry." I grabbed a redbull and closed the fridge. "Grace. I-"
"When did we meet Chester?" I cut in. He seemed surprised by my question. "Uh well you and the girls picked me up at the a-"
"No when did we first meet as human beings and not as interests."
"Camp Takota." He replied. "Great that was almost three years ago. I'm still here for you after three years. Don't expect me to leave." I replied. "Okay." 
"There was a hiccup in the book production process. That's all okay? I only have to go for a week." I blurted out the last part fast. "A week?" He asked. "Yes. Chester would you like to come with me this time?" I asked. "No." He said flatly. "What?" I replied. Kind of angry at him making a big deal over me leaving if he isn't going to come if I offered. "I'm kidding." He laughed. "You... are a horrible person." I laughed as well and fell into his arms. "Well then. That makes two of us." I laughed a little more and we walked to the couch. I turned the tv on and we sat down. Goose came and sat on my lap and I put on drag race.
I was slowly scratching and petting Goose, when I noticed Chester's phone facing me. "What's going on over there Mr. See?" His phone was still up. "Nothing Mrs. See." He responded. I opened my mouth to speak but took back my words. I was Mrs. See. I mean not yet but soon. Chester brought his phone down and started typing something. I lard my attention back to the screen when my phone dinged. I sighed. "Goose up!" Goose rose to her feet, causing her to move off of my lap. I walked to the kitchen and grabbed my phone from my bag. It was Mamrie.