「002」

0 0 2

WHERE DID YOU COME FROM?

══════↯══════

The sun is bright, it's a beautiful day. It's the day I begin packing to move into the school's dormitory. I scan my room to see what I need to bring. There are books out of their bookshelves, a nearly empty closet and a tidy bed. I start by opening my closet and folding my clothes. Might as well tidy up the place a bit more to find things that I need. I take out my red suitcase from the storage room and open it. I put my folded clothes in first, then a few books. I pack up my daily necessities as well. I finish tidying up my room. I take a look around to see if everything is in order. There's a book in the corner of my room. I was sure I put that away...

I walk towards the book and pick it up. There's still a bit of dust on it. I brush off the dust and see the words 'Bucket List' on it. My eyes widen in shock, it's my family's bucket list we had written in the past. I flip through the pages to see what my family wanted to do together.

━━━━━━━━━

F L A S H B A C K

"Unni!"

Hanbyul: "Ne? What is it Yoonbyul?"

"Eomma said we should make a bucket list together."

Hanbyul: "A bucket list?"

"Ne!"

We all take a seat around our dinner table. Eomma found an empty scrapbook, she also found some pens and markers.

Eomma: "What should we do? Your appa mentioned that we should all go camping together."

"Let's write that down!"

Hanbyul: "Let's go on one of those family trips, like a tourist thing!"

Eomma: "We should do some travelling!"

"Yeah!"

We all continued adding onto our bucket list until it wasn't empty anymore.

━━━━━━━━━

I close the book, it's only memories. The possibilities of doing those things cannot be done anymore. It was supposed to be done as a family. It's not possible anymore, but I think I can still fulfill them. The bucket list wasn't only about doing everything as a family, it also had our individual dreams and desires in there as well. Hanbyul wanted to become a barista. She wanted to make people happy with warmth and happiness with just a cup of coffee. I actually work at a cafe that's right next to the school that I'm going to. Why did I choose this path? I chose it to fulfill Hanbyul's dream. Her heart is with me, if I'm working in a cafe, I'm fulfilling her dream of becoming a barista even though her whole self isn't there. Her heart will be there. Besides, the home is where the heart is.

I put the book into my suitcase. I will try to fulfill everything, I will make the most beautiful moment in life. I know my family isn't by my side anymore, but they're by my side by spirit and heart.

━━━━━━━━━

Halmeoni is sitting down by the door, letting her feet touch the wind.

"Halmeoni. I have to go now."

"What a mystery, where are you going?"

"I will be living in the school dorms starting today."

"Eo. Be safe Yoonbyul."

"Ne."

Halmeoni gives me hug and pats my back.

"Don't worry about anything Yoonbyul. Live your life the way you wanted it. Don't let any obstacles get in your way. Forget about all of the bad things in the past and create new memories. Okay?"

"Ne halmeoni."

I wave goodbye to halmeoni, she waves back. I do hope I will make new memories at school.

━━━━━━━━━

The school is a performing arts school that had just been built this year. The school is sort of like a private school, three fourths of the school are people from rich families. Obviously I'm not from a rich family, but I got into the school through the entrance exam.

The architecture of the building is very unique. There are glass paned windows everywhere with a nice and clean white exterior. There's three floors and a skywalk connecting the classrooms and dorms. It doesn't even look like a school, it looks more like a business institution or something.

I drag my suitcase and enter the school. There's a meeting with all the students in the auditorium. We will be assigned to a dorm room after the meeting. I enter the auditorium, it has a fresh wood smell. The auditorium had a hardwood floor with oak walls. The chairs were covered in what seems to be red artificial leather. I take a seat in one of the chairs and stare at the stage. The stage is also covered in wood.

A man, seemingly the principal, walks onto the stage. A slight sound exits through the speakers, the sound from a mic.

"Welcome students! I'm Mr. Baek, this school's principal. This will be a very short meeting. You will all be receiving your timetables and your the keys to your dorm room. Each dorm room will be suited for two. The keys to the rooms are key cards. Do not lose your key card. If you do lose your key card, please contact the staff immediately. This will be the only information we will be giving. You may all proceed to your homerooms to receive your timetable and your key cards. You will also begin unpacking your things in your dorm and also meeting your roommate. Thank you all for listening and I hope you'll have a wonderful year at this school. Everyone dismissed."

I take my suitcase with me again and go search for my homeroom. A teacher hands me my timetable and my key card. The key card has the room number written on it. My room is going to be 'Room 217' on the second floor. I start searching for my room. I walk up two flights of stairs and found it. I've never really used key cards in my life. I swipe the card on the lock. There's a beep, I open the door to the room. I'm really so curious about how the room is going to look like.

A large ray of light shines in front of my eyes. The room was ethereal. It looks much bigger than halmeoni's house. The room had two floors. Yes, there was another floor in it. The second floor of the room was like a large bunk bed, but instead it was another floor. There's a mini staircase that goes up to the bed on the second floor. The second floor was visible from the first floor but not the bed. The colour of the room is red and white. There is a workspace on the first floor for two people. One desk for each person. Of course, there is also a bed on the first floor as well. There is enough space for ten people to be in here. I wonder who I will be sharing my room with.

I take my stuff up to the bed on the second floor of the room. I look out of the big glass window. I will be able to see the stars outside if I lay on my bed! I'm planning on unpacking my things until my roommate gets here. I really do want the second floor bed, but I want to make sure my roommate will be fine with that.

I walk down the mini stairs to take a look around the room a bit more. Each section of the room was made with a lot of detail. There's even what seems to be a living room area right under the second floor area. There are red sofas and a large glass coffee table. The ambiance of the room was calming. Suddenly I hear a beep at the door, it must be my roommate.

I'm so curious to know who it is, but with my personality, I'm too shy and too quiet. The way I'm curious isn't the excited type, but the demure type. The door opens- a person walks in. My first thought was; Where did you come from?

It was a boy, not a girl. It must be some mistake. A boy and a girl cannot share a room. The boy walks in with his suitcases and speaks.

"Annyeonghaseyo. I'm Jeon Jungkook. Will you tell me your name?"