「039」

0 3 9

WAR OF HORMONE

══════↯══════

"They almost missed the curfew," I say as I watch Jungkook and his group walk towards the school.

"Haneul, Jungkook and his hyungs don't have to abide the curfew due to their schedules, it's only preferred by the school," replied Yoonbyul after giving me a slight bump to get me back to my senses, "Don't forget that."

"Oh, right..." I sigh.

I always forget that Jungkook is part of an idol group, he gets special treatment and advantages. I take a quick look at Yoonbyul- she's smiling at Jungkook. Now I know there's no chance that she'll like me the same way, besides, I didn't tell her directly that she was my first love yet. She's a female that drives me crazy, provoking me everyday with savage roasts. I think I'm crazy these days, I want something that I cannot have. All I can tell Yoonbyul is 'thank you for existing' while trying to not make it sound weird at all. You're not mine, but you're the best. Ugh, I quickly shake my head to forget the thought. I have to take initiative, I can't hold back every day. I'm making myself sound desperate as fuck, but trust me, one would do the same if you were in love with a person to this extent. I take another look at her, my real wish is only you.

Yoonbyul and I both stand next to the front door awaiting their arrival to be closer to us.

N A R R A T O R

Yoonbyul stood right next to Haneul with her arms crossed. She yawns and quickly covers her mouth as it happens. It was noticeable that she was tired, Haneul did make her run overtime at the cafe after all. 

Haneul gave an impatient sigh as he leaned against the door frame. He watched as Jungkook approached closer with everyone else. Although everything seemed fine, Jungkook was walking funny, nearly unable to walk in a straight line. He also had two of his hyungs supporting him.

"Hey, what's wrong with Jungkook?" Yoonbyul asked with concern as she walked towards him to get a closer look.

"Yeah, about that..." said Seokjin as he rubbed the back of his head with a laugh, "It's a long yet short story..."

F L A S H B A C K

After their schedule ended late in the evening, the boys of BTS went out for a group dinner provided by their company.

"Why do you look so down Jungkook?" asked Hoseok as he tilted his head.

Jungkook checked his phone for the time and gave a sigh, "I don't think we'll make it."

"What do you mean?" questioned Taehyung as he was struggling with tearing apart a piece of meat that he was biting on.

"I bet Yoonbyul was expecting us to go to the cafe today. She must be disappointed..." pouted Jungkook as he stirred his empty bowl of ramyun that he had finished.

Yoongi shook his head, "Nah, she must feel betrayed."

Seokjin smacks Yoongi on the back of the head, "Stop making the maknae feel bad, jeez Yoongi."

"I was joking, I'm sorry, I'll return to eating now," apologized Yoongi while stuffing a lettuce and meat wrap in his mouth.