「053」

0 5 3

THE STARS

══════↯══════

As the night continued on, the staff in charge of the trip gathered all the students to the large campfire area to discuss the events that were to occur in the morning.

"Thank you ladies and gentleman for joining us on our first ever school camping trip. I'm sure you're all excited about what activities we have planned for tomorrow," said Mr. Baek, the principal, "Thanks to Mr. Go Yongsun's sponsorship for this trip, we have full access to all the cabins and tents within this camping facility."

Haneul winced at the mention of his father's name. He thought he would be able to at least enjoy the trip if he ignored its connection with his father, but ultimately it just made him feel sick, it was an inescapable thought.

"Your cabins and tents have been assigned to you based on your dorm floors. The list of assigned numbers will be here for you to look at just in case. That's all for tonight so please go and rest up to prepare for a long day of fun activities tomorrow. If you have any questions, the staff cabin will be next to the main entrance of this camping ground," finished Mr. Baek as he gave the students the 'you can go' signal.

All the students headed to their assigned tents and cabins after checking the list. The cabins and tents were assigned the same way the dorm roommates were assigned.

"Looks like we're sharing a tent together," said Jungkook, "I'm surprised the staff didn't do anything about it."

"They probably didn't want to bother with the hassle of grouping students and literally just used the assigned dorm list," said Yoonbyul.

"Well it's getting late, let's head to our cabin tent and set-up then," suggested Jungkook as he carried his own stuff with one arm and carried Yoonbyul's with another.

━━━━━━━━━

Yoonbyul stood perfectly still staring out at ocean in the distance. The ocean was illuminated by the night sky filled with stars. Jungkook looked back to make sure Yoonbyul was okay and joined her to stare at the ocean. He looked up at the stars and let out a nice long sigh to relieve his worries.

"Hey Jungkook," mumbled Yoonbyul ever so quietly without her eyes ever leaving the ocean in front of her, "No matter how much I run, like a running machine, the scenery of this ocean won't change."

Jungkook turned his head towards Yoonbyul and grew a bit concerned, "Is there something on your mind?" 

Yoonbyul nodded in response with a slight pout, making Jungkook blush a little, "Adorable," he mumbled.

Yoonbyul also turned her head to face Jungkook, finally turning away from the ocean, "You remember that time you brought me to the ocean? That moment has never left my mind and I always wondered when I would get another chance to properly see the ocean again, but seeing it this soon is making me uncomfortable for some reason."

"Uncomfortable in what way, isn't the sound of the ocean supposed to be calming?" asked Jungkook.

"That's what I initially thought, but ever since I met that man again, everything suddenly became hazy," replied Yoonbyul who's expression grew glum.

"You mean, Mr. Go and how there's a high possibility that he's connected to your missing memory?" 

"Yes, that man. I don't know why, but he always makes me feel this unsettling feeling even when I'm not around him," explained Yoonbyul before facing Jungkook again with a flustered look, "Ah... I'm sorry for throwing my thoughts at you like that again."