「036」

0 3 6

LOVE IS NOT OVER

══════↯══════

As Haneul walked towards his dormitory, he noticed Yoonbyul and Jungkook entering the front door just a bit after curfew. He smirked while trying to brush off his envy of their closeness. Haneul wished that he was in Jungkook's shoes, but that was clearly impossible at this point. He would have to make more good impressions on Yoonbyul for a chance at winning her heart again. If he didn't act like an asshole towards Yoonbyul, Haneul may have had a solid chance. 

A sudden sound of footsteps resonating through the halls had startled Haneul. He noticed the teacher who was in charge of curfew inspections. Haneul knew that the teacher was walking towards his direction. The problem was that Yoonbyul and Jungkook have to walk past Haneul's dorm and straight down the hall to get to their own dorm- which means that those two would get caught for not being in their dorms.

While thinking fast, Haneul grabbed Yoonbyul and Jungkook into his dorm and quickly shut the door.

Y O O N B Y U L

"What the heck are you doing Haneul!?" I shouted before having my mouth covered by him. 

"Yeah what the h-" said Jungkook before having his mouth covered by Haneul as well.

"Be quiet," whispered Haneul as he pointed at the door and his watch. 

I take a moment to understand his gestures and that's when I realized what he meant. I check the time- shit it's passed curfew- and the teacher must be walking down this hall right now. 

The sounds of footsteps grow more faint as the time slowly passed. 

"Sorry for shouting at you, it was all so sudden when you-" I say before being cut off by Haneul.

"You two should be more aware about the curfew, I may not be able to save your asses next time," warned Haneul while taking a seat on the sofa in his dorm. 

"You never let me go without teasing me, do you?"

"What do you mean Yoonbyul? I'm being nice aren't I? I would've just let you guys get caught out there if I was a total asshole," simpered Haneul.

"I hate to say this Yoonbyul, but Haneul's right. He did save us this time- quite unexpectedly," said Jungkook.

I nod my head in agreement and face Haneul, "Sorry about that, maybe you're not as bad as you used to be." I smile at him and his ears suddenly turn red. I laugh, looks like he's not used to compliments. 

Now that I'm suddenly in Haneul's dorm, I take the chance to look around. His dorm is the same layout as everyone else's, but I was expecting something more because he can be extra as fuck. 

"Wait a minute, where's your roommate?" I ask as I noticed that it was the only thing missing.

"Oh, I don't have a roommate. I'm a man who likes privacy," responded Haneul.

Yep, that's the 'extra' part I was talking about. He's full of surprises.

"Well 'Mr. Likes His Privacy', we'll be going now. Thanks for helping us," I mocked before opening the door and following Jungkook out of Haneul's dorm. Just before I walk out, I noticed something that seemed to be an old picture flipped over on the floor. I reach down to pick it up, "Haneul I think you dropped this."

Haneul suddenly lunges forward from his seat and grabs the picture out of my hand. Now I'm curious about what the picture was since he was so quick with wanting it back.

H A N E U L

The door slams shut and I'm left alone once again unable to smile. I feel my ears, they're still hot. Ugh, that girl really does things to play with my emotions. I wish I knew about your identity sooner. Why did I have to be such an ass? I can't believe how much of a bully I am. Just because Yoonbyul is my first love doesn't mean that I should stop teasing her. Oh who am I kidding, Yoonbyul is going to hate me more than she already does if I continue being this way. 

I look at the picture that I had grabbed out of Yoonbyul's hand. This is the picture my assistant helped me find. I stare at the people in the picture and noticed someone familiar. It's Yoonbyul with me right next to her. The two adults in the picture are blurred out because it's an old photo, but I'm able to safely assume that the two adults were male.

I place my thumb right over image. Why are you getting farther away? So far that I can't reach you? Why do you not remember me Yoonbyul? Can't you see me in your eyes anymore? I know I didn't remember you as well, but now that I do, can you remember me too? Can we restart and be like I don't know you and you didn't know me?

You're like hello and goodbye, nothing more to say to me. I know, I know, I know that I've been an awful jerk, I can say that million times. 

If I do recall, this picture was taken when both Yoonbyul and I were five, I wondered what happened after that. I don't even know how you became my first love. Seo Yoonbyul, what made me love you this much in the past to love you even more again? Can't you just come back to my arms?

It's taken me so long to register the idea of, yes, nothing is everlasting, so what are my chances at getting you to notice me in a different way? I'm not okay- I repeat this in denial. Having you by my side is my last-ditch effort and my wish. Why must love be this way? Love is so painful.

The fact that Yoonbyul is always with Jungkook makes me envious. I need to reveal to Yoonbyul who she was and who I am. Love is not over, I have to tell her- you are my endless love and my girl.

J U N G K O O K

Yoonbyul and I run back to our dorm to avoid being caught by the teacher. I still can't believe the nerve of that guy, he grabbed Yoonbyul so forcefully earlier. Ugh I'm being too worrisome or is this a sign of jealousy? I shake my head to sort out my thoughts- of course not, why should I be ever have to feel jealous? I'm the golden maknae of my group, nothing gets in my way- of course with the exception of Yoonbyul. 

I internally scream, please take me out of this endless maze. I feel conflicted. Is this what it feels like when you like someone? My heart is beating faster than usual, this doesn't often happen. Love is so painful because one does not know the true meaning of it. 

"Hey Jungkook! Do you want to wash up first?" shouted Yoonbyul from upstairs.

"I'm fine, you can go first if you want."

"Okay then, I'll go first," said Yoonbyul while heading to the bathroom and closing the door. 

Yoonbyul, I always smile at you. I want to help you find your most beautiful moment in life. It's a promise that I will keep forever until it's found. Every night before I went to bed, I would always think of you, your past and your hardships. I hated that even more than dying, I hated the thought of how you've been through so much. I don't want you to ever get hurt again. It feels like this night is the end of you and me, but it's the beginning of- us.