「007」

0 0 7

COFFEE

══════↯══════

A bruise grew on the left side of my face- it stings. I pick up my glasses off the ground and quickly place them back on me again. The sense of feeling on my left cheek is numb. Did Go Haneul hit me on purpose? I can't really accuse him or blame him, it's also my fault for being lost in thoughts.

Physical education finally ends. Mr. Song gave me an ice pack to soothe the pain on my left cheek. I go to the change room and changed at lightning speed. I don't want those other girls to side eye me. I grab all of my stuff and quickly return to my dorm. I'm so glad that all the classes for today are over. I took a seat on the couch in the living room area and laid down. My eyes are just staring at the ceiling. Life is hard for the ones who don't adapt, right?

━━━━━━━━━

Oh, right! I have a shift today at the cafe that I work at. I nearly forgot about it. What a problem it would've been if I really forgot about it. Luckily my manager is a very kind and demure person. I go to the bathroom and take a quick rinse in the shower. Now that I've come to think of it, I share this bathroom with a boy, yet it's so clean. I scrub away some soreness left in my arms and wrists from dodgeball. The only pain that I really feel is the bruise on my face. I still can't tell whether or not that Go Haneul guy threw the ball on purpose or not. Who would aim for someone's face anyways? A bit of anger mixed in with the pain. I can tell for sure that Go Haneul is more than just a rich kid, he's a bully as well.

I set those negative thoughts aside and quickly change into my uniform for the cafe that I work at. It's a nice brown uniform with an apron. The apron has multiple slot pockets where I am able to place things. I re-tie my hair up into a ponytail and headed out the dorm. The cafe that I work at is only a few blocks away from the school.

Because of the bruise that's on my left cheek, I decided to wear a mask to cover it. It's not good to give a bad look and impression on the customers. It's better to take caution before customers start assuming that I got beat up or something when in reality I got hit by a dodgeball.

I enter the cafe and check in for my shift. My shift is four hours long. From five o'clock to nine o'clock. Good thing my shift doesn't have conflict with the school's curfew. I have to be in my dorm by ten o'clock since that's when the curfew is. I walk to the employee room to tidy up myself and to check in with the manager. The manager was in the room and she stared at me with bewilderment.

"What happened Yoonbyul? Why are you wearing a mask today?"

My manager tilted her head to the side a little with curiosity.

"Well... you see... I got into a little accident at school today."

"Oh. Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm alright. It's just a painful bruise on my left cheek. I didn't want it to affect the customers if they see it."

"You always have such a kind heart Yoonbyul. You always think of a customer's perspective. I do hope you get better though. We can't hide your potential as a professional barista with that mask of yours."

"Yes manager-nim!"

I bow and exit the employee room to start my shift. I go to the counter and await the next order. Good thing I'm in charge of making the drinks. I could have never made it through as a cashier. I'm not very sociable, I could never speak to customers well.

I place my hand onto my chest. This heart is Hanbyul's, I hope she sees me helping her fulfill her dream. She really wanted to succeed as a barista. As a result, I made a bet with the world on how much I'd succeed. So far I'm doing fine.

━━━━━━━━━

I get a practice batch of coffee going just in case there are any errors. I take a small glass to taste the coffee to make sure it was brewed right. It's bitter, it reminds me of my memories. The glass filled with memories is more bitter as I drink it, but I think I know why I keep drinking it. The coffee reminded of all of the places that Hanbyul wanted to go. She dreamed of travelling around the world to taste all the coffee beans ever existed. I supported her dream and she supported mine. I wanted to go to places like that with her because wherever we went, we wanted to go together. Ever since that accident, the time in my life was split into two. One was before the accident, the other after the accident. It was never the same again. I was happy at one point in my life, but as time went by, those feelings went down like dripping espresso. 'Do you remember that feeling ' would be the question I would ask myself.

Ugh, my thoughts are getting all over the place again. A sudden ring from a bell made me awake again, it was my co-worker.

"Yoonbyul, seven caramel macchiatos please!"

"Ne!"

Seven caramel macchiatos? Must be a large group of people, hopefully it's not people from my school. I just really hope it's not those spoiled rich kids. I never want anyone to know that I work here. It's going to be embarrassing. People are going to judge me again. But at least I know that I'm making money myself to support myself rather than feeding off my family for allowance.

I start preparing the ingredients to make seven caramel macchiatos. My specialty is making caramel macchiatos. The manager assigns us to certain drinks to perfect and I was chosen to make caramel macchiatos ever since I started working here.

I finish making the seven caramel macchiatos.

"I've completed the macchiatos."

"Sorry Yoonbyul, do you mind helping me bring it to the table? There's a line up right now, I have to take orders and can't walk away. It's table number seven by the way."

"Ne."

I listen to my co-worker's words and place all seven caramel macchiatos on a tray. I walk towards table seven.

"Here are your seven caramel macchiatos. I hope you enjoy."

There was seven people at the table. I place a caramel macchiato in front of each person. The group of people were talking. Suddenly I recognized one of their voices. It's Jungkook? I look up a little at the group of people to see Jungkook with his group of friends. I quickly take the tray that I brought with me and went back behind the counter. I hope he didn't notice me. I don't want him to know that I work here.

J U N G K O O K

I went to a cafe that was a few blocks away from my school. I went with my hyungs. We're in the same idol group after all, we're like brothers, we do everything together. Seokjin hyung suggested that we go visit this cafe. I thought it was a good choice. Namjoon hyung enjoyed the decor, so did Jimin hyung and Hoseok hyung. Yoongi hyung just needed a little pick me up, that's why he tagged along. Taehyung hyung and I decided to tag along since we've never been here before.

We order seven caramel macchiatos, one for each of us. We all took a seat at a table as we waited for our order to be done. The service was really fast here, the drinks were ready in less than ten minutes. A barista brought our drinks to our table. She was wearing a mask, probably to be hygienic.

"Here are your seven caramel macchiatos. I hope you enjoy," said the barista as she placed down our drinks.

The barista's voice was very familiar, in fact, I think she's a student from our school...