「052」

0 5 2

WISHING ON A STAR

══════↯══════

Jungkook and I stare at each other in shock. Did I hear wrong? Or was it all in my head?

"What..." said Jungkook and I in unison.

Jungkook's eyes twinkled, his mouth open in shock. He placed his hand over his mouth and laughed while avoiding eye contact with me. I do the same and turn away from him to hide my flustered face. After a moment of silence we finally made eye contact again.

"Jiho wasn't wrong after all," mumbled Jungkook with a giggle.

"Huh?"

I recall back to the other day when Jiho dropped by at our dorm; when he said something to Jungkook, was that it?

"Do you really... feel that way about me?" asked Jungkook with longing eyes.

I can't lie about these kinds of feelings anymore. I shouldn't be worried about his status in society, he's simply a human like me. 

I confidently nod my head in response to his question, "I do. You too?"

Jungkook started his nodding his head quickly before grabbing me and hugging me, "You don't know how long I've been wanting to hug you like this."

I return his hug and pat his back. This warm feeling is making me feel happy as if all my worries are gone. The story that we paint, I'll be wishing on a star so that it comes true. 

"I really do love you so much Yoonbyul. I'm still on a journey right now as an idol, but I wanna be close to your heart," confessed Jungkook while holding onto my hand, "It's a scene that I only saw in dreams, so just take me to where you are. I don't care for the consequences as long as we're together."

Throbbing heartbeat, it's starting now, this is really happening. I have to accept his feelings, I've already given him mine. I can't just worry about his role as an idol and whether or not it'll become a scandal when people find out. We've already been through that with the whole Yeonseo fiasco. Right, just being myself, just the way I am, I will be fine, Jungkook and I will be fine. He's willing to take on the consequences that we might face in the future, so if he can do that I will too. Even if I have to endure it, I'll continue to move forward. Come on Yoonbyul, do it seriously, there's really no second chance.

"I love you so much Jungkook, I don't know what I would do without you. You're always there whenever I need help, whenever I'm crying, whenever I'm in pain, you're always there for me. I am truly grateful. You've saved me countless times," I confess while tears started to fall from my face again, "That's right, you're the best. I don't know why you'd like a dreamless nobody like me. I have so many scars that are impossible to fix, yet you want to be with me."

Jungkook placed his hands on my cheeks and wiped away my tears with his thumbs again, "You dummy, it doesn't matter if you have past scars. Scars may not be able to be fixed but they can fade. I guarantee that the Yoonbyul I see now compared to the Yoonbyul I met on my first day here is much brighter and happy," smiled Jungkook as he place his hand on my head and gave it a pat, "I know you said before how you've felt conflicted about who you are, you're not dreamless Yoonbyul. Your goal of listening to Hanbyul and finding the most beautiful moment in life can be considered your dream. And as long as you have a dream, you don't have to worry. If you believe, it'll shine. If your heartbeat continues to beat, don't change, continue to have big dreams. You'll shine again, so my baby, don't be scared, just be yourself."