「038」

0 3 8

BOY IN LUV

══════↯══════

I look up again and recognized the familiar face- it was Haneul.

"I'm sorry, we're closing. You should've came earlier," I snarl at Haneul along with a glare. 

"Please just let me in, I'll be the final customer, I'll even help clean up!" pouted Haneul with puppy eyes. 

I turn my head and looked at Eunhye for her approval, she shrugs her shoulders and we both look at our manager Jinkyung. 

"I'll let this one time slide, you're lucky that you're a handsome lad, or I wouldn't even let you in," joked Jinkyung, "Don't spend too long here, we all need to get going soon."

"Duly noted manager-nim..." Haneul squints his eyes and reads off Jinkyung's name tag, "Ah... Jinkyung... noona?"

Jinkyung squeals and smiles, "What a cute little fellow! And so respectful too, he can stay for a bit longer than I said."

My mouth is left wide open as I blink my eyes in denial. Did that just... happen? Jinkyung heads to her little office and Eunhye makes a quick and simple iced coffee for Haneul before cleaning up the coffee station.

"You really are a pain in the ass, you know that right Haneul?" I say as I continued cleaning the tables, "I can't believe you used your 'charms' on my manager just to get in during after hours, you're so disgusting."

Haneul sits at the table that I'm currently cleaning and grins, "But don't misunderstand, I'm not an easy guy. I'm not someone who would waste my charms on just anyone. Your manager just happened to be pretty."

"You make me so angry and mad for no reason, you make yourself sound like a player."

"What can I say? I am quite good looking after all," smiled Haneul in a cocky way.

I give a look of disgust and put away the cleaning supplies before grabbing my bag from the employee room to get ready to leave. As I wave goodbye to Eunhye, Haneul gestures me to sit in front of him. I roll my eyes only to realize that my shift wasn't officially over until he leaves. 

H A N E U L

I'm getting nervous, I'm getting nervous. I can feel my own body beginning to grow weak despite consuming this coffee. I stare at Yoonbyul who is now in front of me. She stares back in confusion, waiting for me to say something. How am I supposed to tell her about our connection with each other right out of the blue? Ugh. I ruffle my hair a bit before taking another sip of my iced coffee. 

"So when are you gonna leave? I have a life too you know?" grumbled Yoonbyul with crossed arms and legs.

I let out a sigh, "You never can stop hating me, can you? I'm serious but you make me into a loser who picks fights with you..."

"What's with the sudden change in tone? Why are you like this?" asked Yoonbyul with suspicion.

"Oh, no it's nothing, really..."

"What is it that you really want?"

I suddenly think back to the time my assistant provided me with evidence that Yoonbyul was my first love. I was in denial because I despised her, but how could all of that change in an instant? I didn't even go through the phase of complete denial.