「051」

0 5 1

ADRIFT

══════↯══════

I quickly pull my hand away from Mr. Go's hand and bowed, "Well it was nice meeting you sir, I must get going now."

Mr. Go nods, what I hadn't notice was him murmuring "so she remembers..." with a devious smile.

I run up the stairs of the auditorium towards the exits, passing by Haneul who was still leaning against the door frame and Jungkook who was calling for me. Tears began to run down my face without warning. I don't even know why I'm crying, they're just naturally falling. I suddenly feel worthless as if my life became empty. I don't understand what's going on with me. Why did I get a vision of the ocean when I touched Mr. Go's hand? Does he have something to do with my lost memory? If I remember what had happened near the ocean that one time, would it affect him or something? Is this the reason why he secretly has something against me? 

"Ugh I don't know!" I mutter under my breath as rubbed my head with frustration.

I arrive at a quiet place just before my dorm, it's the emergency exit staircase. I need some time alone to think. I want to ask Mr. Go questions, but I also want to stay away from him to be safe. Hanbyul please tell me what to do. Do you know anything about father's relationship with Mr. Go? Why were they both wearing the same uniforms? Was father secretly an officer? Why are there so many questions but so little answers? A sigh escapes my lips and my heart begins to sting.

"Not now Hanbyul, you gave me your heart so I can live happily, why must you give me more problems?"

The fact that I was born is frightening, death hurts too badly and the present is to desolate. I lean against a wall and sat down in the corner. I'll just let out all of my frustrations with tears. Where is my meaning? Where is my heart in this vast universe? I'm endlessly adrift but I'll be okay. All the answers will be revealed soon. If only I can remember what exactly happened near the ocean; the exact moment, the exact time and place where I lost my memory.

━━━━━━━━━

Minutes pass until I hear someone calling my name, "Yoonbyul-ah! Yoonbyul-ah! Where are you!?"

I recognize that voice, it's coming closer. I bundle myself up tighter in the corner as the doors to the emergency exit staircase bursted open. BAM!

"Yoonbyul-ah, why did you run off like that? You had me worried!" shouted Jungkook who was breathless from running around the school, "I called out for you but you never responded. Are you alright?"

"How did you find m-" I say before being muffled by Jungkook's embrace.

"I heard you crying and I knew that you would be in a place like this," he replied while stroking my head, "You'll be okay. Just let it all out okay?"

More tears fall from my eyes. I wish I wasn't this emotional in front of Jungkook. I look ugly when I cry but I can't help it at this moment. It's as if my life just encountered another crisis.

"Aw jeez look at you," smiled Jungkook to cheer me up as he used his thumbs to wipe away my tears, "Let's go back to the dorm."

I nod and stand up from where I was sitting. Jungkook held out his hand and I followed him back to the dorm.

"Take a seat Yoonbyul," said Jungkook as he handed me a cup of tea.