「028」

0 2 8

GOOD DAY

══════↯══════

A bright smile appears on each of our faces. It's only the beginning of the storm. Luckily only my hair was cut in the process, who knows what else Yeonseo could've done? What if Jungkook didn't help me? What if I never met him? How much would things have changed?

I set that thought aside and thought positively. Yes, just like Jungkook said, I'm getting closer to the most beautiful moment in life- just not close enough yet. Sudden tears of happiness drip down my face as I tried to hide them from the boys. 

Jungkook suddenly clutches onto my shoulders, trying to get a glimpse of my face, "Are you crying?"

"No I'm not, I'm just... just very happy that I have you guys," I replied while wiping away my tears and sniffling.

"Aw~ You're making me cry by saying that," said Taehyung as he softly punched the side of my shoulder.

"The space between dreams and reality. We keep walking till the end of life, joy and even pain, don't worry Yoonbyul, Yeonseo is just a mark that will fade over time," said Namjoon with a smile. 

"One day it'll be a good day, for sure. You won't be alone, we'll be by your side, we'll be okay- always," reassured Seokjin who placed his hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah, so don't worry, let's laugh again," smiled Yoongi for the first time in a long time, "I think we have a similar past Yoonbyul, so I know you'll get through all of your tough times just like how I did."

"This unchanging feeling is the same as from back then, but ever since I've met you guys, you've made my life less bitter and much sweeter. Thank you all for your kind words," I replied, wiping the last of my joy filled tears.

"You don't have to say things like that, we already know how you feel about us," claimed Hoseok with an eye smile.

"I understand your feelings too, well, it's written on your face," laughed Jimin, "We're pretty much family, like the blood that flows through our bodies."

We all laugh in unison as everyone suddenly hugged me. Laughing with friends until the end of our thoughts has always been a little dream of mine. The group hug lasted for a long time. I miss the family hugs I use to have, I'm glad to have that feeling come back again. Appa, eomma, Hanbyul, you don't have to worry about me anymore, I finally have great friends and I finally have a family again.

━━━━━━━━━

My mind still couldn't believe what had happened a few hours ago. Chae Yeonseo- that bitch. She must really have problems if she solves her problems that way. She's a spoiled brat who cries for everything that she wants. Of course her rich parents give her whatever she wants. I know I shouldn't stereotype the wealthy, but in my perspective, it's different compared to everyone else.

Everything that Yeonseo has wanted so far has been taken away by me. She only has one emotion in her system- envy. I have nothing much to offer to the world that even becoming the archery club captain was a huge achievement and surprise to me. 

And how could I possibly forget about what she said to me in that room. She told me that I was in a scandal with Jungkook. I always knew becoming friends with Jungkook would cause me problems. There's no doubt that Jungkook is a great friend that I trust, but him being an idol with a friend like me, I'm ruining him. How could I be so selfish in the beginning thinking that being friends with him would only ruin me? I only thought since the beginning that if anything were to happen between us that I would suffer the most, but I'm making him suffer. I shouldn't have asked for so much, I was so harsh on him. I made it so difficult for him to become friends with me. Why did I have to be so picky? So what if he's an idol, he's human, he has the rights to do whatever he wants. I should've been more considerate of his feelings.

Jungkook probably thinks that this was all his fault- it's not. This wouldn't have happened if Yeonseo didn't act the way she did. She spread a false rumour about us to ruin us, when in all honesty she's just ruining herself. Ever since our friendship started, it was all my fault, I must apologize.

The dorm is very silent as the other boys were doing their own things. A few of them were taking naps while the others were practicing. I walk towards Jungkook who had headphones on.

"Hey."

He notices me and quickly removes his headphones, "Is something wrong?"

"Yes. I need to talk to you about something."

I grab his wrist and bring him upstairs to my bedroom area. I gesture him to sit down on the bed as I let out a long sigh.

"I'm sorry, Jungkook. I'm really sorry."

Jungkook stares at me all confused, "For what? You've done nothing wrong."

"I've done something wrong, I'm the one at fault Jungkook. I should've realized sooner how much I've made you suffer. I gave you such a hard task when you asked to be my friend. I was worried at the time on how being friends with an idol would cause me problems, yet I've never once considered your feelings. I'm so sorry." My head droops down a little with disappointment for myself.

"No. Don't say that. I'm the one who's sorry for dragging you into a scandal. I promised you that none of this kind of stuff would happen, but it still did. I broke the promise, I'm so sorry. Can we still be friends even after all of this?" Jungkook looks at me directly with his brown eyes.

"On one condition, will you forgive me?"

"Of course I will. It's always worth it to be your friend. I don't care if I suffer or if my image is ruined. All I need are close friends that I trust, and one of them is you, so, I forgive you."

"That's a relief," I raise my hand for a hand shake, "We can still be friends, no matter what happens."

We shake hands with each other. I can finally feel relieved that we've solved the problem of our friendship with each other. There's no need to hold things in between us anymore. We can freely be friends with no worries, even if anything goes wrong. As you share happiness, it multiplies, but if you share sadness also, it multiplies too, so always laugh all your worries away.

━━━━━━━━━

Jungkook suddenly gestures me to stay where I was before running downstairs and coming back upstairs with a large box.

"It's been so long since I've had this, but I just haven't found the right time to give it to you. I guess right now is the right time," smiled Jungkook.

"What is it?" I ask as I open the box.

"Well, I've noticed how much your converse have broke, so I thought that I should get you some new shoes," he adds while taking out the shoes from the box, "I got you a pair of puma sneakers. I hear they're very comfortable and won't break as easily."

Jungkook suddenly tries to fit the shoes on me. At this very moment, I felt like Cinderella with her glass slippers. My feet slip right into the shoes with no flaw.

"You weren't kidding about how comfy they are. Thank you so much Jungkook, I'll cherish your thoughtful gift."

"Hopefully you'll be able to go to new places with these new shoes. And hopefully they take you closer to your most beautiful moment in life. And I just want you to know that you can depend on me, you can say 'it's difficult' to me, you can lean on me, lay on me, anything, I'll be by your side."

A bright smile curves on my face. I quickly grab Jungkook and embrace him. I can't hold in how thankful I am for him. I quickly back away from Jungkook after what I just did, realizing how embarrassing it just was. I notice him staring at the floor in shock with his eyes wide open.

"Thank you."

We both walk downstairs only to run into Namjoon who made his way frantically towards us.

"Is something the matter hyung?"

"You won't believe it, Chae Yeonseo is going to be in big trouble," said Namjoon with a smirk.

"Wait, what do you mean?" I ask confused at Namjoon's sudden diction.

"I found evidence."