「019」

0 1 9

DO YOU

══════↯══════

I walk into the gymnasium with Jungkook behind me. Mr. Song has set up archery equipment along the floor. He placed the large targets a good three meters away from the shooting area. Three meters is good for practice in my opinion.

I sit on a nearby bench and await Mr. Song's announcement. Jungkook sits next to me. It's hard to believe that after all this time I'm friends with an idol. I take a good look at Jungkook. He's staring off into the distance watching the other students help Mr. Song set up. He's a very good looking guy. His eyes, his nose, his hair, everything. I can't look at his lips without remembering what happened last time. I shake my head to shake off the feeling. Somehow I feel glad he stole my first kiss. Oh god what am I thinking!? My heart starts beating very fast. This is not a good sign.

"Is something wrong Yoonbyul? Is your heart rejecting your body again!?" asked Jungkook who jumped with concern.

I wave my hands, "No, no, I'm-"

He grabs my wrist, "We should take you to the nurse's office to make sure."

My heart starts beating more when Jungkook grabbed my wrist. I can feel it about to burst. Hanbyul, please control your heart for me. My heart starts to relax and slow down.

"See, I'm fine Jungkook," I said as I pulled his hand off my wrist.

It's awkward all over again. Mr. Song calls the class to sit in front him. What good timing. A good time to escape this awkward atmosphere.

"Okay students, gather around in front of me," said Mr. Song as he uses his arms to gesture us to sit closer. "As I've said last class, we'll be starting the archery unit today. There will be a lot of listening that has to be involved during this unit. If you do not listen, accidents may occur."

The class suddenly grew quiet and started listening. Mr. Song hands all of us an archery handout.

"I will be splitting you all into groups of three or four. You may choose your own group, but I may move some people depending on if other groups don't have enough people," notified Mr. Song. "Once you form your group, choose a shooting area, but do not touch any of the equipment until instructed."

I look at Jungkook and he nods, showing me that we'll be in the same group. Just before Jungkook and I could choose a shooting area, a bunch of girls began to swarm around him like bees.

"Oppa! Would you like to join our group!?" asked a girl.

"You should join my group!" insisted another girl.

"Sorry you guys, I'm already part of a group," Jungkook replied while rubbing the back of his head.

The girls walk away, but were determined to be a part of his group next time.

"We need at least one more person to be a part of our group," I said as I walk towards the shooting area near the end of the gym, "We could've let one of those girls join our group."

"No, I don't want them to join us," responded Jungkook.

"Why? They are your fans after all? Do you not like interacting with them?"

"I like it a lot, but not right now. I don't want someone in my group who only sees me as an idol, you know? I like it when it's someone like you, you're a true friend. I trust you."

My heart starts beating very fast from Jungkook's sudden compliment. I quickly turn away to avoid eye contact.  He's just an idol who's your friend Yoonbyul, he's your only friend besides the rest of his hyungs. There I go again just talking to myself.