Chapter 11: The Party

Tuesday past slowly and finally Wednesday arrived. The day of the party.

Sam texted me this morning saying he would pick me up at 7:00 and to wear something nice. As we didn't see each other all day.

I am currently standing in front of my wardrobe, wondering what to wear. I don't have proper party dresses as I never go to them.

I settle on a black dress, shorter than I'm used to, only dropping to mid-thigh. But I imagine there will be lots of girls with shorter ones. It has a crossed back and high neck.

I keep my hair the way it is and grab some black plain flats. I do some make up but I imagine it will be too dark to see much on my face anyway.

Soon, 7 o'clock arrived and a knock echoed through the house.

I quickly ran to it shouting that I am going out with a friend so Dan doesn't come see me. I open the door to see Sam leaning against the door frame with his signature smirk plastered on his face. He is wearing black skinning jeans and a tight white shirt showing off his muscles.

"Uh, hi." I mumble.

"Hey." He says looking me up and down.

A blush seeps into my cheeks as I walk out the house determined to make sure Dan wouldn't see us.

"Let's go then!" He says walking down the path.

I join him and we walk in silence.

----------------

I can hear the music from houses away. The neighbours must be happy!

"Come on," Sam says grabbing my hand thats shaking in terror. "Don't worry it's just some of my friends."

Yeah, the friends that used make fun of me with you.

We open the doors and I am met with Music blasting through my ears. Yes, I like music but not when it can deafen me. The smell of alcohol runs up my nostrils and I make a face that probably looks like I have eaten a lemon. The party is full of the popular people, girls with their boobs falling out of their dresses and boys who are way out of my league.

I already feel so out of place.

He drags me through to what I assume is the kitchen but a couple is in our way. Sucking each others face off. As we draw closer I realise who it is and I gasp.

It's Noah and Ella.

"Guys, do you mind? We are trying to get a drink?" Sam demands.

Noah stops kissing and turns around to see us. "Oh, piss off Sam! It's not like you're not gonna do this by-"

He stops mid-sentence when he sees me, still clasping Sam's hand.

"Olivia, what are you doing here?" He ask, obviously shocked to see me here.

"I invited her." Sam says. "Do you have a problem with that?"

"Well, yeah! Just the other day you were insulting her!" Noah shouts over the music.

"You were the one who said I should apologise! Why are you so upset?" Sam responds.

"I just- never mind." He says sending me small smile before grabbing Ella's hand and pulling her away from the kitchen entrance.

"Come on, lets get a drink." Sam says pulling through to the kitchen.

He walk through to the kitchen and the smell of alcohol gets stronger.

"What do you want?" Sam asks grabbing himself a beer.

"Just a water, please?" I say quietly.

"Come on! Live a little!" He says, rolling his eyes.