Chapter 28: Maybe...

It wasn't like I was shocked or surprised. No, I knew from the first time I heard him sing that his voice was fame worthy.

Maybe it was the fact it was his song, or maybe it was because I helped him with it. Maybe it is this intimate setting and how close we are.

Maybe it was the way his eyes crinkled or the way his hair flopped messily over his forehead. Maybe it was the way his long fingers pressed each key with care, the way his voice projected around the room.

Whatever it was, it made me feel something deep within my heart.

"So, how was it?" Noah's question brought me out of my trance as I realised I had just been staring at him like a complete creep.

Looking down awkwardly, I fiddle with my fingers. "That was- I- Noah, I can't even explain-" I sigh embarrassed that I can't even praise him, I'm such a mess. "It was amazing."

Deep down, I knew that I've been feeling like this for Noah for a long time, but been living in denial. What with all the drama with Ella and Aiden, it's just been the last thing on my mind.

But now I've confronted them, it makes me extremely nervous.

What if it ruins everything? What if he still doesn't trust you? What if he doesn't feel the same? What if...

Once again my anxiety overtakes my thoughts as my mind thinks up every possible scenario that could end badly.

My anxiety is like a virus and once it's inside, it multiplies and multiplies, until it's flowing, like a river through my veins, corroding every positive thought with the negativity.

But this isn't going to happen this time. I wont let it. I wont let it ruin my life anymore.

Because what if it goes well? What if he feels the same? I can't miss out on the chance of it actually working out.

A soft hand suddenly grasps my fiddling fingers and I snap out of my thoughts and look to see Noah's hand clasping my twitching fingers.

"Hey, don't do that." He murmurs, so quiet I hardly heard him and the only reason I could was because I was so close to him.

I stop fiddling but he stays close, one hand still clasping mine while the other lifts slowly to my face. I watch silently as his fingertips grasp some hair that fell across my face and places it gently behind my ear. My breath hitches and a smile graces his perfect features as he keeps his hand on my cheek, his thumb softly stroking my jaw.

"I like you, Olivia." Noah whispers, and his chest sags like it was the biggest confession of his life. I furrow my eyebrows, why did he feel the need to say that now? I know that he likes me, we wouldn't be friends otherwise.

I smile softly, breathing out a soft laugh. "I like you too, obviously."

Noah shakes his head like this was a big puzzle and I didn't have the last piece. "No, no. I...really like you Olivia. You know, more than a friend..."

"R-really?" I whispered lightly. Was this really happening?  I can't even think straight right now. I can't even breathe.

He grinned. "Yeah, I'm serious. Like, the moment I first met you...it was like listening to a song for the first time a knowing- just knowing- it would be favourite."

"You don't mean that." I blush, my hair falling back down on my face to cover it as I cast my head back down to the floor but Noah was having none of it.

"I do." He laughs slighting, his thumb gently pulling my chin back up to meet his eyes. It was like looking at the sun when I looked into his eyes: the beauty blinded me.