Chapter 25: Forgiveness at last

I haven't told my friends anything about what I actually do when I got to Noah's. Instead of tutoring, we usually spend all of our time on Noah's song or play with Rosie.

His voice is amazing and it still gives me goosebumps like it did back when we were working on that project at the start of the year. That seems like years ago now instead of only a few months.

Unfortunately, Rosie is struggling at preschool making friends because she is so shy. So Noah and I are trying to help her get out her shell, like Noah did to me, I guess. I know if anyone did that to me at that age I would be so grateful and be living a happier and stress-free life.

Aidan and Noah haven't spoken since that fatal day when Aidan came out. I don't think they ever will. Which puts me in the worst position.

Whenever I bring up Noah's name, Aidan just changes the subject or just refuses to converse. I just ask him to talk with him or hang out. I said that we could go and watch Harry Potter like we did when we just met but he's having none of it.

Currently we are at lunch, sat at our normal table with Nicole and Aidan talking about my birthday meal as it's my birthday, a week today. Alice is no where to be seen, but my best guess is that she's with Mark- her boyfriend.

Mark was the guy from the Halloween party if you forgot and he finally got the guts to ask Alice out and I couldn't be more happy for her. Mark seems like a good guy and I've never seen Alice like this with a guy before. She genially cares for him.

"So I was thinking of a purple jump suit but would that be too dressy for this place?" Nicole talks to what seems like deaf ears. I look at Aidan to see him giving me the same look back.

"Nicole, I don't even know what I'm gonna wear and it's my own party!" I say raising my eyebrows. I think I'll have to go shopping for an outfit.

"Calm down, I just like to be ahead of the game." She says, smugly taking a sip of her milkshake creating a 'milk-stache' as we call it making me and Aidan crack up laughing.

Suddenly Aidan stops laughing and stares behind me with a solemn face. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion and turn around to see Noah looking our way, a tray of food in his hands, with the same expression as Aidan.

I sigh and turn back looking down at my food. It's hopeless, they'll never make up.

"You're kidding me right?" Nicole snaps making both of us look up at her. She must be surpised I've given up after every time I have tried to get them to talk.

"What?" Aidan exclaims, putting his hands up in surrender.

"No." Nicole says firmly, slamming her milkshake on the table. "I am settling this, once and for all."

My eyes widen as she stands and storms over to Noah whose sat on his own with his headphones in. Oh no this can't be good.

I burst out laughing when she pulls his earphones out and grabs him harshly by the ear making him cry out in pain. Aidan doesn't look so impressed though, as he gets ready to leave.

"Right!" Nicole says stuffing Noah into the seat next to me, opposite Aidan. Aidan start to pack his lunch away but Nicole grabs and runs to push his shoulders back down. I know from experience that Nicole is strong and Aidan has no choice but to sit back down as Nicole whispers in his ear. "Not so fast."

"Hey!" Aidan says angrily, still not making eye contact with Noah. "That was my lunch!"

"And you can have it back once you and Noah have kissed and made up." Nicole says, shrugging, like it was completely normal. "Neither of us will talk to you until you are friends again."

"Nicole-" I warn but she just grabs my hand and pulls me away to another table. I'm not too sure about this plan.

"I'm sick of them two ignoring each other." She huffs and I look at them worried to see Noah trying to talk to Aidan but he just has his arms crossed, ignoring him.

"I don't think this is such a good idea Nicole..." I say looking back at her, but she has her eyes narrowed at them, a determined look plastered on her face.

"Oh, can you think of a better one?" She challenges and I keep quiet, looking down. She's right. No matter how much I tried they never listened to me. Maybe they just needed a push. "Exactly. I know your holding back with Noah because your worried it will hurt Aidan."

I look down. She sees right through me. I should've known.

"And Noah is the only guy I've seen you with, that makes you actually happy." She says and I look up at her to see her smiling at me. "And even though he made a dickhead move, he cares about you."

"I know he does." I mumble. I care about him too.

"Hey look!" Nicole points to them to see Aidan cracking a smile. "That must be good news...Unless he's planning to murder him or something..."

I laugh. That would be something Nicole would do. But not Aidan. Aidan is a good man and I love him for that. I know he was just protecting himself from getting hurt again.

I know the feeling. Even though Noah has shown me how sorry he was I was still holding back. I was building up my walls like I always do.

But he broke down my walls and destroyed them when he trusted Sam instead of me. I didn't realise until now, that Noah was slowly rebuilding my walls. But this time, he made windows so I could let the sunshine into my life.

-------------------

I updated! Sorry it took so long! Thank you for sticking with me even though I took so long.

For some reason Wattpad published the unfinished version of this beforehand so I'm sorry if you read that bad, unedited version but I think that was only one person.

If you enjoyed this chapter, leave a vote or a comment! ;)