Chapter 20: Flowers

"Dad!" I rush into his arms like a two year old coming out of nursery for the first day. I had seen him last week at the hospital but it felt like forever. Besides it's different when he is home.

"Liv!" He says hugging me close. It's like all my problems with have drifted away now that my family life if back to normal. "I missed you."

"I missed you too." I mumble.

"Where's my son?" He says once we pull apart.

"I'm here, Dad." Dan mumbles. He pretends he doesn't care but I know he missed Dad just as much as I did. Dad ruffles up his hair as he pulls Dan into a hug. Dan groans but me and Mum just smile.

"Come one everyone, dinners ready." Mum says so we go sit at the table.

Just as my butt hits the chair we here a knock at the door.

"I'll get it!" I say because everyone is already talking.

I skip to the door but my good mood suddenly diminishes when I see who it is.

I almost forgot about the drama of my life, thinking that because my family life is on the mend, everything would just get better.

"What are you doing here?" I hiss to Noah, closing the door quietly behind me.

He is still in his uniform, but his hair is messy as if he had been running his fingers through it many times.

"I-I wanted you give you these," He brings his hands out from behind his back to reveal a bouquet of pink hibiscus flowers. I gasp my hand jumping up to cover my open mouth.

"Noah...you didn't have to-"

"Yes, I did." He grabs my hand and places the flowers in my grasp. "It's a sorry gift. Today didn't go how I planned it to but now I know that just an apology isn't enough for all the hurt I've caused."

"Well, thank you." I truly meant it. I never expected Noah to do something as sweet as this.

"Squirt, what's taking you so long..." Dan starts to say as he comes outside. "You!" He shouts when he sees Noah's face.

Noah's eyes widen at the sight of Dan. They were about the same size so I had no clue who would win in a fight... and I didn't want to find out either.

"What the fuck is this son of bitch doing in our driveway, Olivia?!" He shouts and I have to hold his arm to try to calm him down.

Noah's eyes widen and he takes a step back guiltily. Dan may seem all happy and sparkles but if you do something wrong he goes in full ninja mode.

"I came to apologise." Noah speaks bravely.

"Little to late mother-"

"Dan please." I beg. "Just calm down."

He looks at me and his gaze softens. Until he sees the flowers I'm holding.

"Did you honestly think you could win her back with fuckin' flowers?!" He scoffs making Noah tense. Dan takes a deep breath in and puts a hand down his face in attempt to calm himself down. "Look man, I know you meant well but you need to try harder than that. And now isn't really the time either we're having dinner because-"

"Who is at the damn door-oh sorry!" My mum says popping her head around the door, a surprised look crossing her face when she sees Noah.

Could this get any worse?

"Oh my!" Mum says. "Look at these gorgeous flowers!" She gushes taking them form my hands.

I see Noah smirk and Dan glare at him from the corner of my eye.