Chapter 26: Wrapped around your finger

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Dan's voice yells as I hear my door slam open making me groan and roll over, my hands reaching up to cover my ears.

"Five more minutes." I mumble, waving my hand up to usher him away but he ignores me and rushes over to grab my hand to pull me out my beautiful bed.

"Come on! It's our eighteenth birthday! The big one eight!" Dan says pulling me across the landing while use my fist to rub the sleep out. "Plus, Mum and dad made us a special birthday breakfast and I'm not allowed to eat until your awake!"

Oh, so he only wished me happy birthday because he want his special birthday breakfast. How kind.

Its our eighteenth birthday. The 21st of November was here.

Tonight we are having a joined birthday party. I say joined but it's really Dan's big thing. As you probably guessed by now, I'm not a party girl. I just invited my small group of friends while Dan invites nearly the whole school. But my Mum said it had to be joined so I wouldn't feel left out.

That's why I like to go out with my friends before the party. It's a little tradition we like to do but this year it will be different because Aidan will be there too.

I still don't have anything to wear though. I'll have to go shopping in the morning before the girls come round to get ready. I frown at the thought. Shopping isn't my favourite. It's hard work when you can't find anything you like. And I'd rather not on my birthday.

"Here's the birthday girl!" Dad exclaims as I lift my hand to cover a yawn. Why is it everyone is so awake at this time exept me? I mean it's nearly nine in the morning!

"Happy birthday Olivia." Mum walks over and give me a squeeze. I thank her and sit next to Dan who looks like he's going to burst from excitement, his leg bouncing up and down impatiently. He was always more excited about things like this then me.

His eyes are focused at Dad, waiting for the signal that he can start opening presents. Dad laughs and tells him he can start, as can I.

I start with the present from my parents which had a large card on top reading 'To our gorgeous daughter, love from mum and dad xxx', along with some cash that fell out. I hurried unwrapped the large gift and a gasp escaped when I saw the contents.

There is a black fabric that when I held to my body I found it was a skater dress with buttons down the middle and a fully laced back. It looks the perfect size and just what I was looking for, for the party tonight.

"It's amazing." I whisper, a brilliant smile on my face as I hear Dan cheering. I turn to my right to see he has a new xbox along with three new games. I look back down at my dress to see a little black box poking out the bottom. Did I miss a present?

I flip the box open and another gasp escapes when I see a diamond necklace and matching earings. They were so classy and elegant I doubt I can pull them off, being as clumsy as I am. They look expensive too, I can't believe they spent this much money on me!

"We thought you'd want something nice for the party." Mum says and I beam at her, rushing over to give both my parents a squeeze, being careful with dad since he's still recovering.

I thank them and let Dan say his own thank yous before going to open other presents from family and whatnot.

Alice and Nicole were coming over at four o'clock to get ready for five. Then Aidan was coming and we are going out for a meal at a fancy restaurant which I am even more excited for to wear the dress. Then we're all coming home for the grand party with all of Dan's jock friends.