The Prince and the Princess Part 3

E/C- eye color
F/G- favorite gem

Y/N
Y/N seen that the mystery man was Mark. Y/N wondered if the man did remember her, judging by his shocked face. "Mark... D-do you remember me?" She stared into his brown. Mark didn't say anything. Y/N looked down at the ground in disappointment when he didn't respond.

'Please remember me, please.'

"Y/N?" She lifted her head when She heard Mark say her name. "Y/N, is that really you?!" He asked her with an excited tone. "Yea! I was hoping you'd remember me. It's been so long." "How could I forget my best friend? I've missed you!" Mark yelled as he hugged Y/N; she hugged him back with just as much force. "Oh my god Y/N, I thought I would never see you again." Mark sounded like he was about to cry. Y/N pulled back from the hug, "Mark, are you about to cry?" "Well... maybe. I lost you so many years ago, and I don't want to lose you again. Especially when I'm about to become king." He stated, nervously scratching the back of his neck. "Don't worry, you'll be a great king. And a fun one at that!" "You really think so?" "I don't think so, I know so."

The two spent hours talking about what happened to them after they had gotten separated. They also talked and laughed at the memories hey had made together. Both forgetting about the ball that was happening in the big castle, and just enjoyed each other's company.

Mark
Mark and Y/N had to have been talking for hours because the moon was almost in the middle of the sky, signaling it was late into the night.
Mark had been pep-talking himself all night and thinking of what to say. They were walking by the rose bushes when Mark finally got the courage to tell Y/N how he had always felt about her. They stopped and she bent down to smell the fully bloomed roses. 'Gosh, she's beautiful. I hope she thinks the same.' Mark thought as he took a deep breath and began to speak. "Y/N, I have something I've wanting to tell you for a long time." He grabbed her left hand as she came up from smelling the flower. "What is it Mark?" He then grabbed her other hand and looked into her stunning E/C eyes. "Ever since we got separated, I had never stopped thinking about you. I was hoping you would come tonight so I could tell you this. On the day we got spilt up, we said that we were going to be best friends forever. I was going to tell you something else, but the guard came and got me before I could." "Mark, you can tell me anything. Just tell me." "This is kind of hard for me to say." Mark took another deep breath, "I... love... you." He whispered. Y/N looked at him confused. "Mark, speak up I can't-" "I love you Y/N! I love you! I would do anything for you! I have never stopped thinking about you! God Y/N! I. LOVE. YOU!" Mark was breathing very heavily. He finally got all that off of chest and told Y/N that he loved her. She looked at him in awe. Mark couldn't tell what she was thinking. "I love you too." Y/N whispered. "What?" He asked, hoping she said the same. "I love you too, Mark!" She yelled while putting her arms around Mark's neck and hugging him. 'She said it! She really said it! SHE LOVES ME TOO!' Mark wrapped his arms around her waist. "Really?!" "Yes Mark, I never stopped thinking about you either! I was so excited to see you tonight."

Mark was still holding her when Be twirled Y/N around, both of them laughing. They were still laughing when Mark put her down and held her face in his hands. She was still giggling when they looked into each other's eyes. Mark glanced at her lips and back to her eyes. Y/N must've had the same idea because the two started to lean in.
When their lips touched, they felt butterflies run all over their bodies. 'I love this girl.' Mark thought as they passionately kissed.

Y/N
When Mark's lips collided onto hers, Y/N felt butterflies running throughout her body. As they pulled back, she seen that Mark was smiling and then he began to speak "Y/N, I know we haven't seen each other in so long, but I don't want to lose you again. I want to hold you, love you, and you to help me rule this kingdom every day. I had this made when we got separated and I promised myself I would use it next time I seen you." Mark then got down on knee. Y/N covered her mouth with her hands and spoke with a shaky voice. "M-Mark..." He pulled a chain necklace, from under his shirt, that was on his neck. He took off the necklace and she seen it had a ring with a sparkling F/G on it. "Princess Y/N, will you do the honor of marrying me and being my queen, my wife, and my best friend?" Y/N wasn't hesitant to answer, "YES!"
Mark stood up and slid the ring onto her finger. "Come on, we have to announce this!" He said with a huge smile on his face. Mark grabbed Y/N's hand and started to run to the ball room that they've been avoiding all night and laughed the entire way. As they ran into the room, everyone started to stare as he quickly guided her through the big crowd. They hurried up the staircase and faced the confused people with smiling faces. "Can I have everyone's attention please? As you all know, I will be taking the throne very soon. But, to be king, I must have a queen, or at least be engaged. So, I may I introduce my bride-to-be and your future queen, Princess Y/N of Amnesia!"

Everyone cheered and Marks friends and brother all smiled and jumped around like little kids. His mother had the biggest smile on her face and tears in her eyes. Y/N giggled and looked at Mark. He brought their intertwined hands to his mouth and kissed her hand.  "I love you." Mark said. "I love you too." She said back. Mark chuckled and walked the two down to talk to everyone and talk about the engagement.