Road Trip

"Are we there yet?" "Are you going to ask the whole way there?" "Ugh!" I lay back into my seat and sigh. Mark decided to take me on a big road trip. We're going to visit his family in Ohio and he decided it was going to be good for us to drive there instead of quickly flying in a plane. The sucky thing about it though, is sitting in the same spot, for hours, doing NOTHING. We've been on the road for three days now and only half way there.

I look over at Mark and sigh. Nothing. I sigh a little louder. Nothing again. I lean up and get right beside his face and sigh. He finally glances over at me, then to the road. "What Y/N?" "I'm bored!" I yell as I flop back down into the seat. "Then go to sleep!" "I'm tired of sleeping." He looks over at me with a raised brow. "How can you be tired of sleeping?" "Because I'm bored!" "What do you want me to do?" I think for a few seconds, and let a mischievous smile creep onto my face. "Oh god. What are you thinking?"

I get out my phone and pull up the sponge bob road song, and start to sing along with it at the top of my lungs. "WHEN IM ON THE ROAD," I point at Mark to sing the second part. He just looks over at me with a 'seriously' expression sketched across his face. "Fine. I SEE STUFF GOING BY!" I hear Mark whisper the next part. "When I'm on the road..." "I GOT A BUG IN MY EYE!" "When I'm on the road!" He starts to get louder and his smile grows. I laugh and sing, "LOOK LIKE CLEAR SKIES AHEAD! WHEN IM ON THE ROAD!" I poke marks cheek for the next part. "Please stop touching my head!"

By now, we're both laughing our asses off and Mark has pulled over and parked in someone's driveway. "Mark, why-" "We're here!" I look at his moms house and then look at him confused. "I thought we weren't halfway there." He just chuckled. "While you were asleep, I took the shortcut off the main highway, so it cut our time almost in half." "You ass! I thought you said it would take at least a few more days!" I yelled as I punched his arm. He leaned over and kissed my cheek. As he got out of the car, he looked at me and whispered.......
"When you're on the road, you never know what you'll find."
"What? You have confused the hell out of me."