All my fault...

I'm gonna give a etreme warning about the content that I wrote up ahead. IT IS VERY SAD! It deals with death (i'mnot going to say who) and I cried while writing. But I have no sad stories, so I thought it was the time to have atleast one. Please dont be mad at me.

All I did was lay there. All I did was cry.
I haven't eaten since it happened, three days ago. I haven't moved out of the bed, unless I had to use the bathroom.
Mark has done more than me.  Not much, but more than I have. It hit him hard too.
He tried cheering me up, hoping that my smile would make him do the same...
It didn't.

"Y/N?" I hear from our bedroom door. I turn over towards the door to see my husband Mark. Bags lie under his eyes from the crying and sleepless nights. His once perfect hair, now disheveled and messy. The sraight line that was put on his lips looked like it were set there by concrete and to never be moved.

He walked over to me and layed in the bed facing me. I look into his once happy eyes; so depressed and empty. 'This is all my fault.' He took his hand and moved a loose strand of unbrushed hair out of my face, to behind my ear. Mark sighed and left his hand on my cheek.

"Listen,"  He began, "I know this is hard, but we'll get through this. I miss her too." I look down at the sheets of the bed, tears stinging my eyes. I guess he saw them, because he pulled me into his chest. I cried the hardest I've cried since it happened. I felt Mark hiccup so I look up. He was crying too. We layed ther for what felt like hours, but it was just mere minutes, holding each other in our arms. Wishing, praying that this was all just some horrible nightmare that we would soon wake up from and everything would be alright.

It wasn't. It was all real.

'All because of me.' kept playing in my head. I unburied my head from my sobbing husband's chest and sat up. I looked out the window at the rain. 'She would have loved to play in that.' I thought of the warm summer mornings I would wake up to her whining, wanting to eat breakfast. I remembered all the times we would go swim in the pool and play the front yard. How she would want to play with the neighbors children that she seen and heard in the other yards and houses.

I felt arms wrap around from behind me and a head being sat on my shoulder. I leaned my head onto his. "I'm sorry Mark. It was all my fault." I hiccuped. He lifted his head up and turned me around. He then put one hand on my shoulder and one on my cheek. "What do you mean? It wasn't your fault." I looked at him with guilt and anger. "How wasn't it my fault?! I was right there! I could've done something!" I yelled. "Y/N, you couldn't do anything. I couldn't do anything. She was far to gone." Mark said, now putting his other hand onto my other cheek. He redirected my face so that I could only look nowhere but him. "Mark, I threw the ball. I let her off her leash. I didn't see the car coming!" I yelled, falling into Mark's chest. "If it were anyones fault, it was that driver." Mark said. "He was texting and driving in a place where children were playing. If it wasn't for her, maybe some kid would've gotten hurt. She probaby saved someone." I leaned up and looked at Mark. "We'll get through this. I know she wouldn't want us to be like this. She would want us to be happy and appreciate the life she had." He said.

I slowly look at the empty dog bed in the corner of the room. It looked so cold and lonely. I crack a smile and think of all the happy memories and Mark's words.

I love you Chica. Thank you for being apart of out little family andd making us the happiest people on earth.

Again I am SO SORRY! Please dont hate me! (;-;)