Mark, a banana, and confused kids

"Mommy. Mooooooommmmmmmmyyyyy!" I hear a loud whisper and something shaking me as I slept. I squint my eyes so that the light from the window doesn't burn them out. My sight clears up enough to where I can see my two 4 year-olds, Eddie and Maddi, one sitting on each side of me. I sit up and stretch. "Hey guys. Whats wrong?" I ask them. They looked confused and just freaked out. "Mommy, daddy is acting weird." My daughter told me, squeezing her stuffed dinosaur, Mr. Rex. I huffed out a laugh and pulled Maddi into my lap. "Sweet heart, daddy always acts weird." Eddie starts to shake his head. "Not like this."

I grab my phone to check what time it is. '8:45.' I rub my face and stretch again. I get up and look at the twins with a determined look. "Let's go see the man we call your father." They giggle and Eddie slides off the bed, while Maddi makes grabby-hands at me. I pick her up by her waist, her face facing the front, and she giggles. I walk over to Eddie and do the same thing, but in the other arm.

I pack them both down the stairs and put them down behind the wall that led to the kitchen. "Where is he?" I whisper. Eddie points around the wall. We then look around it Scooby-Doo style, Maddi on the bottom, then Eddie, then me. "He's been doing this all morning." Eddie whispered.

I see Mark, sitting at the bar, lokking...and, I guess, admiring a banana? My eyes widen and I pull the kids back. "What else has he done?" I ask while facepalming. "Well.... He ate a bowl of cereal." I look at them with a 'seriously face'. "Guys, that's...not...weird." "No mommy, it's how he done it. He just sat there, dwinking his cophee (imagine Maddi say this (^3^) SO SWEET) and was nodding and smiling at the roof." Eddie budded in, "We just decided to get you to talk to him." I peeked around the corner again to see him kiss the banana, while crying, and walking away.

I walk into the kitchen and Mark sees me. "Good morning beautiful!~" He sang coming to me and wrapping my face with his arms. I chuckle and got my head out of the hold. I lean up and peck his lips. "EWWW!" I turn around and see the twins giggiling and 'gagging'. "There's my two heathens!" Mark yelled and grabbed the screaming, giggiling toddlers. Mark set them on the bar and kissed and ruffled their messy bed heads.

"Mommy, aren't you gonna ask daddy somethin'?" Maddi asks while swinging her legs back and forth. "Ask me what?" He reached between the kids to get his cup of coffee and started to sip at it, still standing between them.
"Well, Mark, the kids came and woke me up. They...were...kind've freaked out." "What do you mean 'freaked out'?" Eddie poked Mark to get his attention. "Daddy, you were eating cereal really weirdly and smiling at nothing. Then you were looking ata banana and kissing and crying at it.-" "We went to get mommy 'cause you were being more weirder than nomal." Maddi finished. He chuckled and looked at his confused family. "It was for a video." He chuckled. "Yea, a weallllly weird video!" Maddi giggled.

"Guys, go check on Chica while we get some waffles ready." I say, getting out the needed ingredients. "Okay!" They yell in unison. Mark sets them down and they run into the living room.

Mark walks around the bar and starts to grease up the waffle iron. "You were really into that banana, weren't you?" I ask. "Y/N, you don't get it. That banana represents the purity of this world. It represents-" "DADDY! MOMMY! CHICA'S CHEWING A HOLE IN THE WALL AGAIN!"

"DAMN IT CHICA!" "MARK!"