Calm Before The Storm

*Dallons POV*

I rolled out of bed at the sound of the alarm on my bedside table. The events of last night still clung to me like a wet jeans, which for the record my jeans were very clingy after Jack and Tyler pushed me in a pool. I did figure out what it was like to fly after we tied a towel around my neck and I drifted through the water, it wasn't as exhilarating as I had hoped.

I let the water wash away the chlorine and though about what would happen today. Excitement and nerves over came me, I had to lean against the shower wall to keep from collapsing into a ball of mixed emotions. I was excited because I had been waiting for this day for so long and I had imagined it so many different ways in my head. Imagination was also the source of my my nerves, I had always thought about Brendon leaving me at the alter and how I would react.

No, Brendon loves me, he loves me he's told me many times. As long as I keep telling myself that he tells me he loves me everyday and when he does you can see it in him melted milk chocolate eyes. Turning off the water, I stepped out of the water and supported myself on the vanity. I needed to pull myself together, Brendon probably wasn't freaking out this much so I shouldn't. There was nothing to be scared of.

Remembering to breath, I put on clothes and continued my morning routine. After I brushed my teeth there was a knock at the door, I guess that was my friends ready me to help me look totally on point.

"Ew Dallon you should brush your hair."

"Come on come on, you have to look perfect."

"Geez, don't just stand there." 

Gosh my friends are so nice.

"Oh Dallon, Bren gave me your pills, do you need one?" PAtrick asked turning around as the small group piled into the hotel room.

"God 'Trick, where were you five minutes ago? I'm good right now, you can just put them on the nightstand." Patrick nodded and scooted around a bouncing Jack and flustered Tyler.

A few seconds later there was another knock at the door. I pushed past my friends to get back to the door, opening it to find Melanie standing with a bag full of hair styling product.

"Come on time is wasting and you look like you just rolled out of bed." She wove her way between the taller people in the room to a bathroom, where she pulled out a chair a began rearranging everything to the way she wanted it.

Sitting down in the chair I allowed her to work as I worked with my friends in revising my vows. Every time I said them it all became more and more real. None of the amazing people around really  knew how to help me either, they were all still dating their significant other, or working on getting engaged, Patrick was hoping Pete would propose soon it was kinda a shock to everyone that they weren't yet.

"Dallon, you're sitting down but I still need to stand on something to do this, Jesus." The small girl pulled up another chair and stood on it as she teased and sprayed my hair until it sat perfectly on top of my head.

All of my friends squeezed out of my room and went back to their own as I finished getting ready. After I put on my black suit and tied my blue bow tie around my neck I stared at myself in he mirror. How had I gone from a kid too afraid to be who he really was to marrying the love of my life and not caring what anyone else says? I remember when I found out I was gay, I tried so hard to hide it because the fear of people finding out and casting me aside like garbage was too unbearable. But I look at myself now and I think that that me was so stupid to think that no one would love him, where he was he wasn't loved. You have to step outside your comfort zone to find the love you truly are searching for.

I checked the silver watch on my wrist, a gift from Brendon on my birthday.It was 10:00 am , which meant time to get my ass to the wedding venue. It was about that time I heard a knock on my door, I opened to find my three best friends now in suits. I was pulled out of the door way and jerked down the hallway. Time began to slow down as I turned my head towards Brendon's room to see him being ripped from his room and ushered down the hallway in the opposite direction. For a moment our eyes met and that's when I knew it was worth it, that moment let me know that we were going to be happy living out the rest of our lives together.

We got down stairs before Brendon and I was quickly shoved into a white limousine and we drove off before I could even search for Brendon's white suit. The drive to the beach club was a blur, all I could remember was a blur of palm trees and the feeling like I was going to throw up. The club was beautiful, there was a pathway lined by tall palm trees that led up to a bamboo door. When I stepped inside I was immediately greeted by my wedding planner and sister, Hannah.

"Dally, look at you, you clean up nicely. How are you feeling? Are you nervous? Oh I thinks that Brendon, okay get off to your room. It's down that hall, take a right at the dead end and it's the third on the left. Dalpal don't be nervous I've got this all under control." Hannah said all the words in practically one breath before going back to directing the crew on where to put the floral arrangements.

This was going to be an entertaining evening.

----------------------------------------------------

A/N: hey pretties HAPPY WHATEVER DOESNT OFFEND YOU

 So i just wanted to spread a sweet holiday message to all my readers as with family in town it can be very hard to get alone time and relax during the holiday season. Even as your grandparents decide to stay a few more days and you have to finish cleaning up everything from today or the past few days everything your family does is in good will. They don't mean to insult your favorite bands, they just think music has changed since their time. And your younger cousins just don't know what it's like to develop a good taste in music yet, it's okay they'll figure it out. So as long as they do not insult Dallon James Weekes then its all okay (they can insult Brendon's forehead all they wish but if they insult the tol bean fight them, i don't care if they're 8, fight them)

So my great-grandmother past last week and it's okay she was in her 90's and had lost her husband a couple years back, but I'm sharing this with you because it threw they entire tradition of Christmas off and I've had a very weird, not normal Christmas. As a creature of habit this was not okay and I found myself sitting away from the action with my earbuds in finding comfort in the familiar music. I guess what I'm trying to say is it is okay to take a step back and regroup. 

I'm sharing this because it is around the time for seasonal depression to really start kicking in and I've almost lost someone who means the world to me to it before and I don't want to lose any of you guys. So please take the time you need to yourself and tell your parents or someone you trust if you are not alright and as always I am here if you need an unbiased opinion on something (not completely unbiased cause i'm human, but I won't judge or call anyone psycho)

Remember pugs not drugs, school is cool, and eat a cupcake. \

I love you so much and thanks for the 11k reads on YSSWM and 600 on this fic

~Madisen