C'mon

(a/n: hey guys, sorry...)

Time passed like the way sand slips through a hourglass, slow at first, but picks up speed as it gets closer to the end. It had been almost two weeks and I couldn't remember the last time I slept for more than 2 hours or ate a full meal. Dallon's condition was stable so they moved him from his room in ICU to a regular room, that meant more people could come see him, and bother me while they're here. Luckily, Mother Hannah is almost always there to fend off the pity statements and annoying 'what if' questions they bring.

Pete, Patrick and Hannah all switched off on keeping an eye on me. They all make sure I at least move from the uncomfortable plastic chair next to the bed to the slightly more comfortable couch. Since I refused to go home, Hannah or Pete brought me a fresh set of clothes everyday. Apparently, Pete and Patrick had gone and cleaned up my apartment, they didn't need to, but I was glad they did.

Today's visitor was new, someone who I hadn't seen since the day that I hadn't stopped thinking about in two weeks. George Ryan Ross was standing in the door of the hospital room. His small frame seemed to shrink as the fluorescent lights shone behind him.

"Hey Bren." He spoke quietly, I nodded back at him to let him know he could come in.

Things had always been good between Ryan and I. I knew he and Dallon weren't so fond of each other, but through the songs we wrote together I learned a lot about him. We shared a special 'best friend' style relationship, he was the kind of person high school me would've worshipped and hoped to be friends with. It was kind of him to come visit me, since he was someone who knew me well, but didn't know everything.

"I'm sorry, you two have been through too much shit." Ryan said solemnly, keeping his eyes downcast.

"I've gotten some pretty good songs out of it." I laughed a little, my voice hoarse since I hadn't talked much.

"Get anything good lately" Ryan smiled softly.

I gestured to the black composition notebook on the bedside table, on the edge furthest away from my unconscious husband. The notebook had been a gift from Pete, we got each other notebooks when we were going through rough times. Pete had been to visit many times with and without Patrick, I knew it shouldn't hurt, but when ever I saw the two happy together I got envious. I would start to think how dare they be happy when I am in so much pain. I didn't say much when they were here.

Ryan was now flipping through the pages of the notebook. stopping at some and skipping past others, he was looking for things that stood out. He flipped through the halfway filled notebook before shutting it out and sitting in silence for a little while.

"I'm gonna bring my guitar tomorrow and we're gonna put some of these lyrics to songs. I would tell you to just come over, but you don't seem like you're leaving this room any time soon." Ryan set the notebook back in it's original place before standing to leave. "And Bren, you're always welcome to stay with me, there's an extra room in my apartment and the beds always made if you ever need it."

With that the quirky man disappeared. I stood up and punched the wall behind me. It hurt so bad knowing people were there to support me, but none of them were Dallon. The doctors said he wasn't getting worse, but he wasn't getting better either. The trauma to his brain had been so bad there was know being sure if he would be okay.

Why did this have to happen now? We were going to be okay, we were going to go to Hawaii or Europe and have a nice honeymoon. We were going to get over the events that had ruined our life and we were going to get better. Life. Sucks.

Suddenly the beeping of the heart monitor became quicker and not as stable. I turned around to see the lines going across the screen quickly and more rapidly than they had before. There wasn't time to think, I ran out the open door and shouted for the doctor. Nurses and doctors flooded into the room and I was held back as the situation  progressed and they rushed dallon in for an MRI and to see what was happening.

"Sir, I'm going to need you to stay calm. They are taking your husband in for an emergency MRI, to  see if they missed something in his head and lungs. Everything will be alright." A small blonde nurse tried to calm as she guided me back to the waiting room where she informed me she would find me as soon as there was news.

I knew I should call Hannah, but I felt as if I were to utter one word I would break down. I needed to, like she said before, she loves Dallon to and needs to know he is okay. Taking a deep breath, I found the older womans number and pressed dial. The phone rang and rang before I finally heard her voice on the line.

"Brendon, is everything okay?" I could tell she knew something was wrong, I hadn't really talked to her and I wouldn't have called for just anything.

"No" that was all I could get out without bursting into tears.

"I'm on my way."