Holding On To You

(a/n: my fucking dog fucking killed my brand new bluetooth earbuds and now I have to pay for fucking new ones, fuck my life)

*Dallon POV*

When I opened the door I was greeted by a warm scent with a hint of vanilla. Home.

"Come on Dal, I wanna sleep in our bed for once." Brendon whined

"I believe it is custom for me to carry you into our homestead." I said in an overly proper voice.

"Dallon, it's barely a homestead, it's a one bedroom apartment." He rolled his eyes

"Shhhhhhh." I swooped him up and carried him through the door bridal style.

I didn't set him down, I carried him into our fort, which was surprisingly still standing. He laughed as I awkwardly crammed my long legs under the blanket walls. He curled into my side and twisted his head to give me a kiss. It was nice to finally get to have time completely and one hundred percent alone.

"Dal, I need a shower I feel disgusting and I've been in these close for the past day." Brendon whined, staring up at me with giant puppy dog eyes.

"But it's nice and warm under here, with a three month old pizza box." I giggled as I shifted a blanket to uncover a pizza box we had failed to throw out.

"Oh that's what that smell is, I thought it was you." Brendon wiggled closer and gave me a kiss.

"No it's you." I whispered in his ear as he pulled away.

"Well I guess we should utilize that bathtub we have neglected for so long." He crawled out of the blanket fort.

I groaned before standing up and knocking the entire fort over, Brendon rolled his eyes when I dragged a blanket behind me and followed him to the bathroom.

"I swear you're such a five year old sometimes" He joked.

"Like you're any better." I retorted, pulling my shirt off over my head and throwing it at his face.

We ended up throwing our clothes at each other until we were completely naked. No one had run the bath, so while Brendon heated the water I went around to gather whatever candles we had. Which was only 5, but it was enough for a romantic candle lit bath. I turned off the lights and placed the lit candle around the small bathroom before climbing in the bath.

One thing that sucks about being tall is you don't fit in bathtubs, so my legs awkwardly hung out over the tub. Brendon laughed at my awkwardness, as he did often, before climbing in and leaning up against me. I guess I forgot to turn on music because I found the only sound to be the soft flickering of the candles and our breathing.

It wasn't a bad quiet, it wasn't the kind of quit that left you shaken to the core and sleepless when you were tired. It was a comfortable quiet, the kind where you could share emotions and feelings without uttering a word. It was quiet because there was no reason to talk, not because there was nothing to be said.

"Dal what happens now?" Brendon whispered, swishing his hand around in the warm water."We've done everything people said we could never do, so what do we do now?"

"I don't know Bear, we've made it this far by winging it so I don't even know what to plan" I thought out loud.

"Well we still haven't had a real honeymoon, maybe that's something we can plan." Brendon spoke quietly, as if not to disturb the candles burning beside him.

"I want whatever you want." I spoke into his ear at the same volume.

"I've always wanted to go to Hawaii." He giggled, splashing his fingers in the water like a toddler.

"Then to Hawaii we shall go." I wrapped my arms around his shoulders and nestled my head in the crevice of his neck.

This was the first moment we had had fully alone in a long time. Sure we had hotel rooms to ourselves, but it wasn't like fully alone with the thin walls and people all around. Yes we had neighbors, but we live here so it's different from being there one night. I loved being home with Brendon as my husband.

We were still keeping the 'let the fans figure it out for themselves' thing, but we do tweet funny things at each other sometimes. It's like throwing bread at fish, the fans just start scrambling around start fighting. It's quite funny.

"Dallon I'm turning into a prune." Brendon whined, lifting his fingers and examining them in the firelight.

"Look we're growing old together." I joked, interlocking my pruned hands with his.

"Promise me we will grow old together." He said in a more serious tone, staring at our hands clasped together.

"Pinky promise." I held out the pinky of my other hand and twisted it around his.

It was a perfect moment of silence again, it allowed my mind to drift. I had a feeling the peace wouldn't last forever though. It never did.