Oh, you're so punny

Your p.o.v.

"Light, Light, Light , LIGHT!! Hurry! We need to get to L's now!" I whisper shouted, before rushing inside as fast as possible. Why? To play a prank on them of course! What else would I do? Quickly, I ran over to the elevator and jabbed the button to the floor L's apartment was on. Hehehe, time to take my plan into action! 

Near's p.o.v.

"Mello, why did that girl run inside when she saw us? It seems uncanny that she would do that. Hmm.." I said to him as we walked into the building. He shrugged it off.

"Nah, it's just the first time you've ever seen a girl." Mello replied, smirking as he bit into the chocolate  bar he had. I rolled my eyes at his antics. I do have a strange feeling about this girl though. I tried to push the feeling down when we got to the elevator. Mello pressed the button and we waited for the elevator to ascend to L's floor. But before the doors closed all the way, someone stopped them and entered with us. He looked like the person L sent a picture of. He said that this guy was his number one suspect for being Kira. 

"Which floor?" I asked, putting my hand near the panel. He shook his head and smiled innocently.

"I get off on the same floor as you." he replied. I already didn't trust him. 

~three minute time skip~

Your p.o.v.

I hid right beside the elevator door, barely hidden enough for anyone in the elevator to not see me. Er, you know, I was hidden. I waited there until I heard the elevator doors open. Without a second though, I jumped out in front of them and screamed as loud as possible to startle them. It worked! For the most part. Light and Mello shrieked like little girls and jumped backwards. Near, though, just gave me a strange look. Still, I fell to the floor laughing! It is so funny to scare people! The looks on their faces! It was priceless! Hehe! 

"Who are you?" Near asked me, while I was rolling around on the floor laughing. I quieted my laughter and looked up at him. 

"Hi, I'm (y/n). C'mon, you know you were scared by me, weren't you!?" I chuckled, standing back up from the ground. He sighed and shook his head.

"No, your puny attempt to frighten me did not work."

"Oh, but you were NEARly there weren't you?" I replied smirking. His eyes widened a bit, he must have realized that I knew who he was. He glared at me slightly.

"How do you know who I am?" he demanded. I waved off the question.

"Oh calm down, you need to be more MELLO. Now, c'mon, we're NEARly there!" I said, before taking off down the hall towards L's apartment. Hehehe, I'm so punny!