Emotional Boi

Yuki's P.O.V.

Okay. Mello and I managed to get away from whatever creeper was stalking us and we went back to L's apartment. It feels like I haven't been here in forever. I mean, the last time we were there (Y/n) was reading everyone her FanFiction. I hope she's okay, but, knowing her, she is.

I know it might seem like I don't particularly care about (Y/n) sometimes, but I really do. She's my best friend, and I wouldn't want to be stuck in a fictional world with anyone else. I hope she's just came to L's apartment before we did. I know she's fine, because she has to be.

Mello didn't say a word to me while we walked down the hallway. I knocked on the door with the secret code I had made up (which I forgot to tell everyone about so I bet it sounded really weird). Near opened the door and let us in.

I immediately went to look for (Y/n), and scold her for leaving without me. "(Y/n), get over here! I just got stalked because of you!" I said, huffing like a tsundere would.

L was sitting in his chair like a bird, weirdly sipping a cup of some brown liquid. It might have been tea, but I like to imagine that it was a hot steaming cup of very liquid diarrhea.

He raised an eyebrow. "(Y/n) is not here."

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudge.

Mello must have heard it because he was over there in a flash. "What?! Then where is she!" He yelled.

L took another sip of his shit water. "I wouldn't know, I was not with you. Now, what was this about you being "stalked"? It could be a very dangerous thing that could lead us to the whereabouts of (L/n)."

I didn't see Near enter the room, and he didn't contribute to the conversation at all so I didn't really care.

"Well, it wasn't that we actually saw anyone. Or , at least I didn't. But there was this gut feeling of paranoia. Mello felt it to. We only came back here when we were sure whoever had been following us was gone. We have to find (Y/n), she'll kill me if I end up letting her get kidnapped again." I said, believing everything I said. Especially the last part.

L made a noise in the back of his throat. He closed his eyes and was quiet. Another sip.

"Are you messing with me, L? Cause it seems to me that you don't care about what just happened!" I hissed. He raised an eyebrow.

"I never said I did not care. I simply took a moment to collect myself. You may not be capable of understanding the complex, underlying emotions carried out through my voice, but I assure you that I am very upset. Well, not very. Mildly."

Near's P.O.V.

Oh no. No no no no. This is what I get for basically abandoning her at a MgRonald's at night. I've got to find her. Or maybe it's more of anger and guilt acting out. I cannot allow my emotions to get the better of me.

I barely know (Y/n). I left her at a restaurant because I wasn't thinking rationally. I'm going to have a headache. Ugghh... I need to sit down.

I am the worst.