Jokes are great y'know

Your p.o.v.

Ah, the planned plan is going according to plan. Yes, wonderful sentence. There was only one reason I said that, but I already know what it is so I'm not going to think about it right now. Just time to see who wins.

"Hmmph. Fine, I agree to this, but just know L, you're going down." Near said smuggly. Man, this was going to be wonderful. It was just one of those things you know. I didn't hear L respond, but Near was already going all out with the jokes.

"What day of the week do fish hate the most?"

"Uh...I don't know, Monday?" I replied.

"Fry-day."

"...Near I fucking love you right now." I said, trying my hardest not to laugh. For a moment no one said anything, and I had thought the line might have cut out, that is until, I heard a crash on the intercom. "H-hey, what happened?"

"Oh, it appears your praise has baffled Near so much, he has fainted. He is not injured, just unconscience." L responded. Ah. Wonderful.

"Ahem. I suppose it is my turn next? Alright, why did the student eat his homework?" L asked, awaiting my answer.

"I don't know, why?"

"Well, the teacher said it was a piece of cake."

"Oh my god, L..." I chuckled, face palming. That was... Amazing. I heard a loud noise on the other side of the intercom, like someone had swung open a door and it had come in contact with the wall.

"Yo' momma so dumb she tried to climb Mountain Dew." A very fimilar voice said. Oh god, not him too.

"Well, your momma's so dumb she sat on the T.V. and watched the couch." I retorted back. He chuckled and went close to the microphone.

"Well, that's good, but I'm sure you can do better than that."

"Ohh, don't test me boy, you know I'm the joke master. Yo mama so ugly that she made the Hyenas stop laughing." I responded, feeling pretty good about that one.

"If you're ever cold, you should go stand in a corner. I hear they're about ninety degrees."

"Oh oh...Mello that was so cringeworthy, but I've got one more that will blow you're socks off. Where does Darth Vader buy his shoes? The Darth Maul." I couldn't help but laugh at my own bad joke.

"My socks are not blown off." Mello responded, chuckling slightly.

"Excuse me, but I need to ask what you are doing here, Mello." L asked. I couldn't hear the rest of the conversation because the microphone cut out. I sighed and went over to the bed in my cell, plopping myself down. I began plotting my next scheme, along with a few puns and one-liners.