(Light's gift)

Light's p.o.v.

I haven't heard from (y/n) for a while now, and for some reason it's been making me a little pissed off. Wait... if I remember correctly, weren't the 'code names' for the the blonde guy and the white haired guy mentioned? Yes...and if I am correct, it was Mello and Near.

I gasped when I put two and two together. I could figure out their real names if I talked to either (Y/n) or Yuki. They said that they were from the American agency, and I am pretty sure that both Near and Mello are also from the agency in America. Heh, and all I have to do to figure out what their real names are is manipulate Yuki. I mean, she would be the easiest at this point, esspecaily considering that (Y/n) has gotten so close to L, Near, and Mello. Grr... Never mind that.

I picked up my phone and dialed Yuki's number. It rang twice, then she picked it up. "Hello and welcome to Chille's! Just kidding, what's up Imagay?" She asked, almost like we were friends. I grimenced at her calling me Imagay, but didn't mention it.

"Hey Yuki. I have a few questions I need answered. First, I would like to know the real names of Mello and Near. Second, I would appreciate it if you would tell me where (Y/n) is." 

"Alright, listen here buddy, do you honestly think I'm going to tell you who Mello and Near are?! Well, you are absolutely correct. Near is Nate Rivers and Mihael Keehl is Mello. If you wanna know where (Y/n) is, just look at the news. Oh! Gotta go, the Bachelorette is on!" Yuki said, before she hung up. What the hell? That was way easier than I thought. 

Regardless, I opened the Death Note, and smiled widely. I put the pen on the paper, but before I went any farther, I chuckled a bit. "Happy Valentines Day, (Y/n)."

I had almost finished Near's name, I was on the 'v' in 'Rivers' when, I fainted.

"Well, well. I see you're trying to move the story along without my permission, eh Yagami?"