Prologue

Louis' POV:

I quickly run to my classroom and open the door. Everyone stares at me and Harry, my teacher, shakes his head sadly. I make one step so I can close the door behind me and then I look at Harry.

"Sorry for being late...again." I say and Harry signals me to sit down.

I sit down on my seat next to my best mate Zayn and take out my things.

"Why are you late again?" Zayn whispers.

"My clock didn't ring." I say.

"Of course it didn't." Zayn says smirking and I roll my eyes at him.

"Louis, Zayn stop talking now." Harry says and we sit there quietly, just listening to him.

"Can someone tell me what this means?" Harry asks, pointing at something he wrote on the blackboard.

Some students put their hands up while me and Zayn just sit there like we're in the wrong movie. I don't understand anything in school and my grades are really bad. But hey, who cares right? I only have one life and I don't want to waste my time with school. Well that's what the other students believe. I have to keep my image because I'm one of the 'cool kids' here and if they knew that I care really much about school they would call me a nerd and would pick on me and I don't need that so I just learn at home and in school I act like I don't give a fuck. I really love going to school because then I can see Harry. I have to admit that I have a crush on him.

When the lesson is finally over and it's time for break I pack all my things into my back. No one except for me and Harry is in the room anymore and when I want to leave it I suddenly feel a hand on my shoulder. I turn around to look into two emerald green eyes.

"Louis, why were you late again?" Harry asks.

"My clock didn't ring." I say.

"You really have to work harder or you'll fail the class and you have to repeat the year." Harry says.

"I know." I say sadly, looking at the ground.

"Is there anything that could help you?" Harry asks and I shrug.

"I don't know." I say.

"Maybe tutoring? I could help you." Harry says and I smile.

That would mean that I could spend more time with him. That would be amazing and I wouldn't fail the class so I don't have to come to school again next year.

"I think that would help." I say and Harry smiles.

"I'll give you my number so you can tell me where and when. But don't give it away." he says and I nod.

He hands me a note with his number and smiles.

"Thank you." I say and leave the classroom.

I go to Zayn who looks at me raising an eyebrow.

"What took you so long?" he asks.

"Mr. Styles said that I have to work harder or I won't consist the class." I say.

"I'd like to say that I could help you now, but I'm also pretty bad in school." Zayn says and I shrug.

"Who cares." I say, shrugging and Zayn nods in agreement.

He's one of the 'cool kids' too so he has to play his role but I know that he actually cares even though he never said it. We go to the other 'cool kids' and they greet us with the special handshake we always do. We always sit in the middle of the auditorium on some tables and chairs from where we can see everything perfectly. We actually always pick on other kids but I don't really like it. It's just mean, but if I want to keep my image then I have to do it.

"Look at those girls over there! They are always smiling at me. Next week one of them will be my girlfriend." Jim says and everyone laughs, nodding in agreement.

Some girls come over to us and try to flirt with us, but I actually ignore them because I just have no interest in them. They look nice and all but I prefer boys. Nobody knows of course, but secretly I'm gay. When the break is over we go back into the classroom and sit down. Harry starts his teaching and I try to pay as much attention as possible while acting like I don't care.

When school is over I say good bye to the others and then I sit in my car. I drive home and open the door. My mom greets me smiling and Phoebe runs into my arms. I lift her up and she smiles big.

"Hi Lou!" she says happily.

"Hey cutie. How are you today?" I ask smiling.

"Good." she says, giggling and I put her back down.

I go over to my mom and kiss her cheek.

"Hi mom." I say smiling.

See? I'm the complete opposite at home. At home I'm just Louis. Everyone here knows that I'm gay and they all accept it. My mom is always pretty sad when  I get another bad grade but which mother wouldn't? I go into my room and place my bag next to my bed. I go on my computer and log into Facebook.

2 new messages.

I look who sent them and click on the first from Zayn: "Hey, on saturday is a party at Jim's. Do you go there?"

"I'll probably go there but I don't know yet." I answer.

The next message is from Eleanor: "Hey Louis, I was thinking if you'd like to spend some time with me maybe? :)"

"Um I don't know when I'm free but why not." I answer.

I like some photos and then I log off. I take out my phone and safe Harry's number. Then I call him.

"Hello?" a deep voice asks.

"Hi, here's Louis." I say.

"Oh hi. I didn't thought you would call that fast." Harry says chuckling.

"Um we could start the tutoring maybe tomorrow?" I say.

"Ok where are we going to do it?" Harry asks.

"I think that my mom would think it's weird when my teacher comes home to me and gives me tutoring so we should do it at yours and keep it a secret." I say.

"I'm ok with that." Harry says.

"Good. Um where do you live?" I ask and Harry tells me his adress.

"Just come there after school." he says.

"Ok thanks." I say and hang up.

I put my phone away and start doing my homework, pointless. I try my hardest but I just don't get it.

I really need this tutoring.