Reaping

Author's Note: Heyy! Lucky you guys, my first day and I'm already at my 4th chapter woohoo. I have been using Katniss's point of view for a while but Harry's will come back soon. I am excited for the actual games yayy! Haha i sound like the Capital...I don't mean that I want to see them die...I just have some interesting ideas already planned out for the plot. Enjoy *does an evil laugh*

Well, Gale believed every word I told him...Apparently he said that he always knew that the Capital was hiding us from other places. Now Harry is good friends with him and Prim. In fact, he came along with me to the Hob and everyone noticed his good looks and great personality. He is quite famous already and he has been here for only 3 days. Impressive....

Today is the day of the Reaping. Booo! I entered my name 15 extra times for the tesserae. Surprisingly, Harry entered his name double the amount I did. He increased his chances of entering the Hunger Games 30 extra times just to help out my family. Once again...sweet personality shines. 'Ughhhh I said stop Katniss!!!!'

(Back to Harry's P.O.V.)

I went to the boy's section for the reaping. Prim was so sweet to wash my clothes so they were clean for this event. I really feel bad for this family..I wish there was something I could do to help out these people.

Effie walks up to the stage. Katniss told me all about the Capital and their costumes. She looked like a slim hippo. That's what they call fashion? Ughh...Luna wears better outfits.

We had to listen to a speech about something...but I tuned it out. I started to wonder what's going on at Hogwarts. And then I started to think about where Cedric, Fleur, and Krum might be. Were they in Panem, except in different districts? I couldn't help but wonder about the posibilities. Was this part of the Tournament? No...impossible...Dumbledore would never allow us to go into a world where children fight to the death.

I was so busy thinking that I hadn't realize that the speech was over. Effie was already picking a name out of the bowl and was about to read it aloud. 'Please not Katniss...Please not Katniss...Please not innocent Prim...Please not Prim...Please not Katniss's mum...Please not their mum..' What? I have learned to expect the unexpected...who knows? Maybe they decide to choose any woman, enough over or under the ages of 12 to 18. 'Please not Katniss's family..Please not Katniss's family...Please not Gale's family...Heck, just don't choose anyone at all and cancel these games! Please cancel the game...please cancel the game....'

I kept repeating those thoughts until finally Effie said the name. I knew the girl...my body stood still and I didn't move a muscle. No...No...This isn't happening..I heard it wrong...her name is only in there once...after all my pleading inside my head...they chose innocent little Prim. Something died inside of me.