The Tribute Parade

So my thoughts were correct, and the other 3 champions were just divided into different Districts. We continued to watch the Reapings, and I saw 2 more familiar faces.

Cedric was the male tribute from District 4 and Krum was the male tribute in District 7. What a concidence, we were all chosen to participate in these games. 'Oh great...more problems' I was going to go into an arena where I need to kill 23 other innocent children in order for myself to survive. I was up for a challenge- trained kids, tough and blood-thirsty teenagers, and the deadly features throughout the arena. Worse of all, I had to murder a little 12 year old, Katniss, and three of my friends in order to win. I'm guessing I won't stand a chance against these Games. Once we saw the reaping for District 12, I was shocked to see how calm I looked. I thought I would make a fool of myself by looking terrified but surprisingly, I was natural and not nervous at all.

Katniss and I went to our stylists to prepare for the parade. After a lot of painful prep work, I met her. What was her name? Porto's? I forgot...anyways...we had a coustume that was black as coal to represent District 12's mining. I noticed all the little and big details on the outfit. It looked really nice and eye catching. I learned that my stylist's name was actually Portia...I was close. She said that there was one more surprise. Before we enter the parade, we were going to light ourselves on fire....wait whaaa. She told me that it was safe but I was still unsure.

"Can we just test it out right now? I want to make sure that I won't burn to death before we actually enter the games." "No, Cinna doesn't want the battery to die." Cinna turns out to be Katniss' stylist...

We went on the very last chariot in the line. I saw Fleur, Cedric, and Krum ahead of me. Everyone's costumes were nice but I thought that we had the most unique ones. Katniss and I made a deal that we would take out each other's fire. But as it turns out, we should've trusted them in the first place. They lit our costumes and we didn't feel a thing. It was...magical...considering these people are muggles...

We looked amazing. Katniss and I had fire trailing behind our backs, as if they were capes. Katniss also had this material on top of her head as a fiery crown. Everyone turned their attentions towards us and started screaming our names. Looks like we found some sponsors...

Katniss's P.O.V.

Our stylists were woonderful! Harry's outfit really showed off his eyes...We were holding hands, mainly to support each other's weigth and keep us from falling. I started to smile at the crowd cheering my name and blew kisses to them. They grew louder, wanting more of my air gestures. I waved at a few and looked at Harry. He was waving, also, and gave the audience his award-winning warm and loving smile. Oh, I would melt if he directed that smile to me...'Ughhh!! I thought I told you to stop!!!!'

Hallf the entire crowd was cheering my name, and half was cheerin Harry's. Wow...they weren't even paying any attention to other tributes. I turned to look at them. They shot angry glares at me...well they don't look to pleased. This will be a problem once we enter the games...

After the parade, Cinna went to hug me. He said that we did a great job in keeping our balance and impressing the crowd. "You look good, sweetheart." I smiled at Haymitch, he rarely gave compliments.

Cato and Clove looked really pissed at us...Uh oh...And then I saw the blonde girl from District 2 coming our way. Oh great, a fight. She went straight to Harry and I got scared that she would hurt him. But she did the unexpected...She smiled and hugged him. Hatred started to boil inside of me...Why? That little scum was too close to Harry, and I never even got that close. Wait, why was Harry hugging back?? She whispered something into Harry's ear and he smiled. Grrrr...Wait, am I jealous? No way...

I decided to brush off the feeling and walked towards them. I gave a fake smile to the girl, whose name was Fleur. She talked in a weird and unusual accent...strange. Just then, I saw two other boys coming towards us. Oh great...