FIREEEE!

By night time we stopped walking further into the woods and climbed up once more. Krum and I took first watch since we both didn't feel so tired. Cedric and Fleur fell asleep inside the tent. Krum and I were sitting on the branches of the tree, awkwardly sharing one blanket. He soon broke the silence.

"So, Ven did you become friends with Herm-ion-ninny?"

"We became friends during our first year at Hogwarts. Ron also came along." I smiled as I remembered when we all met each other in the Hogwarts Express. Ron and I went along really well. I remember fighting the troll in the girl's bathroom and saving Hermione. Haha...first year and we were already doing crazy things, such as going past Fluffy and finding the sorcerer's stone.

"Is she vith that Veasley kid?"

"I'm not sure...They have been close friends and I do think that there are things going on between them but they just can't realize it themselves."

"Oh...Ahhh all the good ones are taken."

We both chuckled. "Don't worry, Viktor. You're a famous Quidditch player. I'm sure there are many wonderful women just dying to go with you."

That made him grin and then there was a scream in the distance. Looks like the Careers got their prey. Poor thing...these aren't just normal games. You don't just get out or disqualified. If you're going to get out, that means you will die. No chance in going back home...and to think how young these kids are. Starts from age 12! They won't see their families...And it's even awful back at the Districts. Starvation....Peacekeepers are so mean...more like Death Eaters to me.

The smell of smoke alarmed me. I quickly took the blanket and my two backpacks.

"Vat are you doing?"

"There's a fire!"

I shook the tent to aware Fleur and Cedric. "Guys wake up! We need to go now!"

My backpack was complete with all the food, weapons, and first-aid. I help onto the blanket as Krum got his backpack and sword. He checked it and told me it was complete as well. Fleur got out with her backpack ready and stuffed her portable spear in one of the pockets. She carried the bag of apples as Cedric got his sword, backpack, and the tent. I got the ropes and we all jumped off. I turned to see that I was correct, and we were just in time. The fire was spreading rapidly behind us and burning everything in its way. "Bloody hell..."

We started running in effort to beat the heat. This earned us several scratches all over our bodies and faces. We kept running until fire seemed to appear right in front of us, blocking our path! We were surrounded by the flames, which started to throw fire balls at us? This reminds me of a muggle game Dudley would play...

We ducked, jumped, and ran to the sides. I was sweating more than I have ever in my whole life! "AHHH!"

I turned to see that Krum was hit with a fire ball. He wasn't injuried, but his sleeve was on fire. I got out my water container and poured it. I put the fire out, wasting half of my water in the process. Oh well... I turned around to see Fleur looking at the two of us, concern in his eyes. "Is 'ee ok?" She said with worry in her voice. I looked behind her to see that a fire ball was coming her way, straight for her back.

"Fleur!!!" She looked expectantly at me so I decied to make a move. I ran over to her, pushing her downwards and shielded her. Just in time for her to duck from the fire ball..."ARGH!" The fire went to me instead of her during the process of trying to save her life. The fire went through my clothing and onto the skin on my arm and thigh. I fell backwards towards the ground. tred putting out the fire but it was too late. The fiery substance was dancing on my skin and it was burning! It was sooo hot and too painful! It was like my aches on my lightning bolt scar, except WAY worse since the fire was bigger.

" 'Arry!" Krum helped Cedric support me as we tried finding a way out. "Climb the trees! Then we can jump off from there!" I said. And so, we climbed them and jumped from tree to tree, which wasn't easy at all! We were really up high and the jump was to dangerous. But the flames were going up the tree we were on and we would burn to death if we stayed. "AHHHH!" We all jumped and sadly, no one landed on their feet. Fleur and Krum landed on their sides, while Cedric was on his chest and I was on my back. "Arghhh!" I was in soo much pain, from the burns to the rough landing. But thankfully, the rush from the air when I jumped extinguished the flames on my damaged skin.

"You guys ok?" Cedric asked.

"Yeah..."

"Zees Games are awful! Now I get why zey put zat fire on purpose! So all trebutes can end up here together and the people have more action!" Wow...

I quickly ran over to the lake and jumped right in. "Ahhh.." I moaned as the coldness was helping my stings. I got out my water container and replaced it with new fresh water. The group copied my actions and we ran off to the other side of the arena. We, yet again, walked through the woods, far away from the Cornucopia before any other tributes would confront us.

I got the clothing from my first-aid and Fleur dabbed my injuries. Cedric looked at it for a second before throwing up...Was it that bad??

"Zanks 'arry for saving me. You are so sweet!" She said, smiling, but I could see the guilt in her eyes.

"Fleur, don't feel guilty. This is not your fault, and I don't regret my actions. You're a great friend, and I would risk getting small injuries rather than watch you die." She grinned and tried to hold back the tears forming in her eyes. Yes, I know that my burns are not exactly small injuries...But I guess I can deal with it.

"You also saved my seester!" She hugged me and we both smiled, remembering the time I saved Gabrielle. Fleur washed away the blood and disinfected it, using some of my ointment...which painfully stinged at first. Then she wrapped the clothes around both my injuries and tightened it. I thanked her and she gave me another hug before going off somewhere. I got up and winced at the pain. But I decided that I wouldn't let my injuries make my group slow down or feel guilty.

After staying up all night, we were sooo tired. I was secretly trying to heal my wounds, but it was no use. It stung and was very painful. We were walking more into the forest and I instead that I trailed behind the group so they wouldn't see me badly limping. Something caught all of our attention. Up from the sky there was a purple container that was falling with a parachute. It finally landed right next to me.

I went over to pick it out and read a note that cam along with it. It say: "Apply gently to burns and use it wisely. Please, stay alive. -Haymitch." I smiled at his usual comments an could hear his voice. I opened it and used two fingers to get some of the gel. I dabbed it onto both of my wounds and sighed. Merlin, the pain went away right after! I mouthed the words 'thanks' before going back to my group. "My mentor gave me some ointment that made the pain go away in the wounds." I saw relieve flood all of their faces. Aww...sweet of them haha.

We decided to continue walking further. I wonder how the other tributes are handling the Games....Specifically, How's Katniss?

___________________________________________________________

Hope you guys liked this chapter! I Set Fire to the Rain! This Girl Is On Fireee! Let's Set The World on Firee! Soo many Fire songs Lol :D