Train Ride to Capital

Author's Note: Back to Harry's P.O.V. Yayyy! I barely posted any chapters yesterday because I was busy working on another story. Please check it out! It is called Loyal Freedom Fighters and is also a HP themed story. It was made for the upcoming Fourth of July and I hope you guys like it. And also, congratulations to @bellatrixfan1 for winning 2nd place in the one-shot contest! Woohoo! I am so proud of you, and so is Bellatrix and Selena Gomez.

When we entered the train, my jaw dropped. It was just so...grand. Hogwarts was better, but after staying in District 12 for quite awhile I'm used to their living styles. The train was filled with such luxury and many delicious foods. The scene was breathtaking but my astonishment was soon replaced with anger.

They had the wealth to help out the districts, but instead they waste the money on spoiling innocent children before they are forced to kill each other on live television? Do they really think they are being nice to supposedly allow the kids to die happy? Well, they don't die happy because they are put in great pain, along with their families. Merlin these Capital people are selfish, spoiled, and downright crazy.

Katniss and I sit at the table and begin to eat. I must admit, it was good. But I really do miss Hogwarts, with the food magically appearing on the plates in front of us, candles floating above students' heads at the Great Hall. I miss seeing the teachers, my friends, Hedwig, attending classes, playing Quidditch, and most of all, I miss seeing Hermione, Ron, and Ginny.

I wish I could talk to them and see Hermione's reaction when she learns that I found out about something she didn't know before her. The thought of joking around with them made me smile. But my happiness soon faded as I remembered that I might not see them ever again. It is more than likely that I would be killed in these games, and so I shouldn't get my hopes up and just move on.

I noticed that Katniss was staring at me, curiosity written all over her face. I became embarrassed as I that I must've been daydreaming for a long time and probably freaked her out. To make matters worse, I realized that I had been changing expressions as I was lost in thought. From smiling at first, to longing for home, then I was chuckling to myself, becoming sad, and finally looking determined. Embarrassing....Then she realized that she was staring at me for a long time and blushed madly when she saw that I noticed it too. We both continued to eat in silence...Awkward...

Effie and a very drunk Haymitch entered the room and broke the awkwardness...Thank goodness. I never thought that I would actually be grateful for their presence...

Haymitch was really pissing me off. Stay alive...seriously? We were going to enter a death game and he can't give us good advice just because he is too drunk? I quickly took his glass and dropped it to the ground. He threw a punch at me, but I was too fast and he missed. Katniss joins in and stabs the table with a knife, barely a few inches away from his hand. "Well, did I actually get a pair of good fighters this year? You," He pointed at me, "Are very swift. And you," He pointed towards Katniss, "Are good in aiming." He gave us a smile and I could smell the disgusting alcohol.

We made a deal with our mentor. He was going to stay sober and actually give us advice as long as we follow orders and coorperate. We started to talk about strategy. I was pretty fast since I've had to duck Dudley's punches and run away from him and his crew. Katniss was good with aiming and at the bow and arrow. We were both quite skinny, so food wouldn't be a problem.

We watched the other district's Reapings. The Capital escort reached the bowl for a girl's name and read it aloud. I was shocked to hear the name. I watched as the familiar woman walked up on stage and saw her face. I wasn't mistaken. The scared face was Fleur's.