Training Center

I woke up from an awesome dream and went out of bed. I took a shower, brushed my teeth, changed clothes, and went to eat food. Katniss was already eating at the table and I joined her. Once we were done, Effie rushed us to go to the Training Center.

I watched the other tributes as they practiced. I took mental notes on who can do what. For instance, Clove is really good with knives. She never missed her target. Cato was good with swords and a girl who reminds me of a fox is very stealthy. Maybe I'll call her Foxface...the name suits her.

Katniss and I went over to look at the plants station. We learned the difference between posoinus and edible ones. Next, we went to the knot tying station. We practiced trying to make traps and both of us succeeded with high scores. We tried fighting with swords, and turns out I was pretty good at it. During break we ate lunch and sat in our alliance.

"Harry, can I talk to you in privae please?" "Yeah, we can go over there." Katniss and I went to a less crowded spot and she said "I don't want to be in an alliance with you guys. I just don't want it to go down to the 5 of us turning against each other and killing one another...They seem like really nice people. But I plan on going solo." I understood but I still felt unsure. "But you might get hurt. I want to know if you're safe or not." "I'll been fine Harry. I have been hunting in the woods ever since I was a little girl." She finally convinced me that it would be fine to go solo. I went back to the group and explained everything. Like me, they were unsure but still agreed.

We finished eating and went back to training. Katniss and I covered combat skills, lifting weights, and camouflage. We learned all the basics in one day. Katniss left earlier but I stayed back to talk a little with Cedric. Just as I was about to leave, a fire erupted. Tributes started to scream and ran out of the building. I looked closely at the fire and saw...a face? It was Dumbledore!

"Cedric! Fleur! Krum!" They all came back to me and said we had to leave. "No, look into the fire! It's Dumbledore!" And then they all saw his face beaming at us. We all ran over to it and started talking at the sme time. "Where are you guys?" "We're in a mugle place called Panem. Was this part of the Tournament?" "No, I'm afraid not. We will send a search party for you right away." "Better 'urry, we only 'ave 5 days." Dumbledore looked confused but sadly, the fire was put out by water. We all went back to our rooms and said goodbye. Dumbledore was going to find us...We might have a chance of going back home. I smiled at the thought of seeing my friends again. But, I told myself, don't get your hopes up just yet.

The next two days were less eventful than the first. They all trained their butts off. For Katniss and Harry, they already learned all skills on the first day. So the rest of the time in training was just a review for practice. They were exhausted from all the work, but were pleased to say that they got stronger and more in fit. Harry and Katniss slept earlier to get rest before their private sessions with the Gamemakers. Now was the time to give them everything they have and not hold back.

I took a shower, washed my face, changed clothes, and went to eat breakfast. Once we were ready, we headed towards where the private sessions would be held. We waited hours before every tribute was done except the two of us. We were alone in the room and Katniss looked a bit nervous. "Hey, you ok?" "Yeah, I'm just scared for the Games..." "Don't worry about it. You will do great, I promise." My name was called and I gave her a warm smile. I whispered, "Good luck, and don't hold back." And with that, I left.

I entered to see the Gamemakers talking amongst themselves. I said my name out loud, and one of them told me to proceed. First, I made a trap out of rope and tested it out on a dummy. It worked well and I started to show my sword fighting skills. Then, I lifted weights. I was pleased with this but I turned to see that barely 5 Gamemakers were paying attention.

I got so mad that thy didn't even care so I started throwing weights at them. I was pleased to hear thuds when they landed on the ground and now I had their attention. I didn't stop there, nope, I went all Draco Malfoy style on them. I was shouting, "YOU CRAZY MUGGLES! MERLIN, WONDER WHAT YOU'RE GOING TO DO WITH YOUR LIFE. WHO WATCHES LITTLE KIDS DIE ON TELEVISION FOR FUN?? IF MY FATHER WAS ALIVE, MY FATHER WOULD HEAR ABOUT THIS! YOU GUYS ARE SO BAD, DRACO MALFOY WOULD RATHER MARRY A "MUDBOOD" THAN YOU UGGHHH! YOU MAKE SNAPE LOOK SO SWEET! ONE MILLION POINTS FROM WHATEVER HOUSE YOU GUYS ARE IN! EVEN THE SLYTHERIN HOUSE IS TOO GOOD FOR YOU! OH IF ONLY I HAD MY WAND, I WOULD GO BELLATRIX STYLE ON YOU GUYS RIGHT NOW! CRUCIO!" And I walked out without even waiting for them to dismiss me...uh oh I'm going to be in trouble.

When Katniss came back, she looked as pissed off as I felt. We each told Effie and Haymitch about our private sessions. I said that I threw weights at them and started screaming, but didn't exactly tell them about the whole wizard talk incident. Turns out, Katniss lost her temper also and shot an arrow at their pig. I smirked when she said that a Gamemaker stepped back and his head fell into the punch bowl. Haymitch looked quite pleased but Effie, on the other hand, was really furious. "You guys made a bad impression! You won't get a good score, therefore, no sponsors! You need them for help in survival! They are your lifelines during the actual Games!"

Wow...I didn't know that she cared so much about us. Touching...anyways, we sat on the couch together and watched the announcing of scores. Fleur got an 8, Cedric scored a 9, and Krum got a 10. Finally, it came to my name. I got...a 12! OMG! Katniss also scored a 12!! Yeah, thats right! Matching scores with our District woohoo! We were the only ones who got a 12, which is the highest rank. Effie looked pleased now. We cheered and celebrated. "To the two, Katniss and Harry, who are on fire!" We smiled and clapped along. I went to bed early to get rest for the interview. I thought about the suggestion Haymitch told me earlier..I was debating on whether or not I should use his strategy. I decided yes and fell alseep.