Alliances

Harry's P.O.V.

Katniss joined us as I talked with Fleur. Then I saw two figures coming our way. I turned to see that it was Cedric and Krum! Merlin, I missed these guys so much. It was nice to talk to other wizards who were in the same situation and someone who came form the same place as me. We all hugged each other and talked about how cruel these games were. Apparently, they also learned about the games from their District partner. Katniss looked a bit confused so I brought her aside and explained how they were my friends and the other champions from the Triwizard Tournament. She nodded in understanding.

"So 'Arry, do you 'ave your wand?" "No, I dropped it when we touched the Cup." "Oh, me too." Cedric joined in on the conversation and said, "Krum and I still have ours, but it won't work. We can't perform any magic so it's useless.". I was disappointed to find out that we were all defensless. I guess we would enter the arena armless and fight the muggle way. At least Dudley taught me some tricks. Never thought that my experiences with him would come in handy someday...

We decided to from an alliance together. I learned that the Career pack only contained 3 people while we had 5. Fleur was suppose to join them but she turned them down. HAH! Our team was strong, tough, and bigger than others. We had a huge advantage and might stand a chance against these trained teenagers. I was happy for once, but remembered that it was more than likely that we would all die. I just hope that it wouldn't come to the point when we had to kill each other...

We said our goodbyes and departed. Katniss and I bonded as we walked back to our separate rooms. Apparently, her favorite color was green. "It's just an odd coincidence that your eyes match the color I like." she told me. I smiled at her. We became closer friends. Now it is going to be even harder to kill this girl...And so, from then I promised myself that I was not going to try and survive these games. I was going to try my very best to keep my friends alive. Even if it meant risking my own life for them.

I went inside of my luxury room and changed out of my heavy costume into something comfortable. I brushed my teeth and went straight to bed. Tomorrow we were going to train. Haymitch told us to not show any of our strengths to the other tributes. We were to save our abilities and show them off to the Gamemakers during our private sessions. For now, we can let our enemies have an advantage by knowing our strengths and weaknesses. It sounded like a good plan.

Wow...Haymitch sure knows what he is talking about when he isn't too drunk. I closed my eyes and tried to sleep. I imagined playing Quidditch with Ron and Ginny as Hermione sits in the stands, reading Hogwarts: A History. I smiled and started to dream off.