Goodbyes in the Justice Building

"No! Prim! I volunteer! I volunteer as tribute!" My whole body became stiff as I heard the familiar voice. It was Katniss. She just volunteered for her little sister and will now compete in the awful games. Anger boiled inside of me towards the Capital once again for putting all of these innocent people in this mess. They are tearing families apart for entertaiment! Oh Godric...help me with all your might before my anger goes out of control.

Effie talks to Katniss and she says her name into the microphone. She looked so determined...not scared or weak. Wow, that girl is strong and would most likely be in Gryffindor. Next thing I know, Effie pulls out another name and reads it for the boys. Oh Merlin's beard...the name....it is familiar. No! I can't just stay here and watch 2 people who I am close to enter a death game! I stared at the ground because I just couldn't handle it.

My feet started to walk up the stage. Wait, what? I was confused at first, but then I realized that the familiar name was mine. Ohhh...Gosh I feel dumb for not recognizing my own name..well actually my feet did recognize it. Anyways, I see Prim and Gale looking so sad. I will try my best to help Katniss and her family. Then Effie says "Spelndid!" She is smiling like a creepy maniac...well I won't be sleeping well tonight. " Katniss Everdeen and Harry Potter! The triutes of the 74th Annual Hunger Games!" And then, out of nowhere, everyone started to put their three fingers from their left hand towards their mouth and then put it up towards us.

I saw all the people from the Hob who knew me. They looked grim, considering they are losing two people who are close to them. Katniss and I were escorted inside the Justice Building and put into seperate rooms.

First, Gale visited me. "Good luck out there. I hope you find your way to get back home in one piece." "Thanks," I responded, "Take care of Prim and her mum. I'll make sure that Katniss is safe." "I will, and thank you." he said. With that, we shook hands and he left.

Next, a girl who I recognize to be Madge came. She wished me luck and gave me a wristband that had a golden mockingjay on it. Apparently, Katniss has a matching pin and they are both waterproof. I thanked her and she left.

Then, Prim and her mum came in. Prim hugged me tight and I told them to take care of themselves. I promised that I would do everything I could to help Katniss throughout the entire games. Prim kept crying and finally their time was up. We hugged one last time and they left.

Lastly, Greasy Sae entered. She gave me a huge hug and told me to be careful. She wished me luck and we said, what could be my last, goodbyes.

After the visits, we were put into a train to go to the Capital. Our mentor, Haymitch, was drunk as usual. For some reason, h reminded me on Hagrid. Oh how I miss Hogwarts so much. But I'm a long way from there, and I honestly don't believe that I would be able to go back.