The Proposal

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Not gonna say much but I hope you enjoy this very long chapter.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lucy P.O.V.

Back at the Dragneel household everyone came over to enjoy food and just socialize together before we either got jobs or went off to college. "Thank you for all the good laughs I had with everyone here today through out school." Mrs. Dragneel stood up to say. "Grandeeneey you make it sound like your dying!" Everyone laughed at Mr. Dragneel.

I went into the living room where Natsu was sitting. He had something in his hand...like he was contemplating about something. "Natsu?" He jerked up looking at me. "Oh Lucy." He looked at me sincerely. "What's wrong?" I asked. He touched my hand and kept saying nothing nothing but it was something bothering him I kept thinking to myself.

"Let's go." He took me back where everyone else was and I started talking to Levy. "Levy doesn't it seem like there's something wrong with Natsu?" She looked at Natsu and then back to me. "So you were thinking the same thing too." I nodded in accordance. "Do you think his hiding something?" I asked. She looked at him for a moment or two and then looked back at me. "His got a pained expression on his face with a drizzle of saltiness and a side of the slouch." I laughed at the way she said it. "Why'd you make it sound like a order?" She shrugged. "Ion don't know thought you needed some cheering up too." I smiled at curly blue headed girl and the hugged her. "Thanks for always being with me Levy." She smiled winking. "No problem Lu-Chan."

I heard clank sound like someone was about to make a toast. "Attention everyone I have to say something that's been on my heart for a long time now." It was Natsu. "It's also been bugging me..." He inhaled and exhaled. "I'm leaving for the states...in 3 months." Gasped were heard around the room causing instant silence. "What?" I mumbled. "I got accepted to Harvard University. I wanted to tell everyone soon but I couldn't without hurting someone I care dearly about...Lucy Heartfilia." All eyes landed on me.

"Lucy I want to give you one last thing." He walked over towards me. "Lucy." I covered my mouth when he kneeled down on one knee. He opened a box revealing a chocolate diamond ring. "Lucy Heartfilia...will you marry me?" The tears wouldn't stop but I nodded. "Yes! Yes! Natsu!" He picked me up and spun me around before kissing me passionately. He sat me back down in the wheelchair.

"Did you guys know about this?" I asked wiping my eyes. Gray rubbed the back of his head. "Yea we did." Levy said. I sighed thoughtfully. "We all knew." Sting said walking in with Layla. "Wow." I started crying again but I was confronted by hugs over my fellow friends.

2 months later-

"Hold her hair back." Erza instructed. I couldn't stop throwing up. I was finally able to stop throwing up. I brushed my teeth and preceded to get dressNatsu was leaving in 2 weeks and I didn't want to stop him because of this. "Lucy are you ready?" Mr. Dragneel's pops his head in. "Yea she is." I breathe in and out.

"I'm really nervous." My heart was beating faster and faster. My mom had walked in just as I had help sitting back in the wheelchair. "Is this nervousness I hear?" She asked playfully. I smiled. My mom and I started back talking to each other after the argument in the hospital. "You know I kinda wish Dad was walking down the isle with me." I said shifting in the chair. She smiled at me sweetly. "I know honey...no matter how much I hated it...I still miss him dearly." She came in and hugged.

Another knock was heard at the door. They came in...I didn't really recognize who they were. "Mom?...Lucas?..." My mom started to tear up dumbstruck. The older women that resembled my mom came over to me hugging me. "You remember me right?" I smiled remembering the warm hug. "How could I forget." I said. The man that was being squeezed by my mom turned over to me. "Lucas? My older brother?" He nodded before he hugged me squeezing me tightly. "Look at my baby sister all grown up." He said babyishly.