What's It Gone Be?

Denise.

Knock. Knock.

"Ugh!" I groaned angrily as I got out of my bed waking up from my beautiful sleep.

I walked to the front and door and didn't even bother to see who it was.
I swung the door open and August was standing in front of me. He let himself in and I shut the door.

"August what are you doing here?" I rubbed my eyes a bit. I was tired and just wanted to go back to sleep.

"I told you when you got back I wanted an answer."

"You've got to be kidding me it's like 5 in the morning. How did you even know I was back?"

"Don worry about it I got a plug."

"Ty? Yeah I'm going to stop telling her stuff."

"You tired?"

"Very."

August grabbed my hand dragging me to my room.

"August what are you doing?"

"Nothing just lay down I want to lay with you. I'm tired of sleeping alone."

I sighed. I was too tired to reject the request and part of me wanted to sleep with him anyway. He took off his shoes and things and crawled into bed beside me, wrapping his arm around me. I placed my arm over his resting it there. He tightened his grip and pulled me closer to him. I could feel his manhood on my behind.

"August."

"Yes."

"Are you excited?"

He chuckled. "Denise we both grown and yeah, shit I haven't been this close to you in a while. Plus, you got on this thin ass dress. I just wanna pu-"

"August!" I quickly cut him off. "Please don't finish your sentence."

"Aight."

Silence took over the room and I closed my eyes. Soon after I felt August glide his hand over my stomach and he gently rubbed it.

"Why are you rubbing my stomach?"

"Ion know. Sometimes I just wish it was you carrying my child and not her."

I stayed quiet. I wish it was me too. To be honest I still hadn't made my mind up. I want August and I love him but I didn't like the thought of not being his main priority. I have no problem with coming second to a child but to his baby mama. I couldn't deal with fighting and I feel like if I were to be with August, McKinley would blackmail him with his own child. I didn't want him to go through all of that.

"Whatchu' thinkin'?" August asked.

"Nothing."

"Don't lie to me. Say what's on yo mind baby."

I sighed. "August, I love you a lot. But.."

"Why does there have to be a but?"

"I don't want to come between you and your child. I just feel like McKinley would do anything to jeopardize our relationship even if that means keeping you from your child."

"I think your just making up excuses not to be with me. If you want be with Nolan again just say so and I can be out y'all way." August sat up as did I.

I looked at him as if he had lost his mind. "This has nothing to do with Nolan. Him and I are just friends."

"Nah fuck that. You all on my case about McKinley and you going on vacation and shit with your first love/ high school sweetheart/ ex husband. What kind of shit is that?"

I was astonished at this point. "What?"

"You still love him?"

"August, Nolan and I have nothing going on if anything he's been trying to talk me into giving you a second chance."

"A second chance?"

"August no-"

"He the one that wants a second chance and how he know our business? You been telling him our problems?"

"Augu-"

"Nah, that's just something you don't do and that's tell another nigga, one that likes you at that your problems. He probably sees this as his chance Denise and he giving you advice to come back to me but he really hoping you don't."

I completely shut up. This conversation was going no where at all. I was exhausted and didn't even feel the need to argue. August really just jumped to conclusions.

"Denise."

I ignored him. I just didn't even want to hear another word.

"You ignoring me?"

Silence.

The bed shifted as August got up putting his belongings back on from off the floor. It took him not time he left out the room and soon after I heard the front door slam.

I was so confused as to why that had just happened. August just flipped the script on me for no reason.