Chapter 11

Denise.

"Yes ma'am. Of course I don't mind rescheduling your appointment. No problem. Okay just call my assistant and she'll reschedule for you. Bye Bye."

I hung up the phone and my door flew open. Another one of my co-workers came in, Madison was her name.

"Mrs. Wallace I wanted to know if I could have the day off, it's a family emergency." She looked at me with pleading eyes.

"Okay. But when you return I'm going to need you to come in early." She nodded her head. "Oh and write down your clients for the day so we can give them a call." I gave her a green sticky note and a pen.

She wrote down the names of her clients and handed me the sticky note. "Thanks you so much."

"Bye."

She left out the door and Ty entered closing it behind her. She sat down in one of the chairs in front of my desk. She crossed her legs smiling at me.

"Aren't you suppose to be working? I don't pay you to sit around." It was the truth too. Ty was never really working and she lucky we were friends because if we weren't I would have been fired her ass.

"Bitch please you just let that hoe leave early so I can take a damn break; your ass don't pay me. Edward does."

"Who Edward?" She said this nigga name all wrong. That's a shame she ain't even know the name of the dude that sighed her checks.

"The nigga that sign the checks."

"Ha! No, it's Edmund. "

"I don't give a fuck what his name is. I came in here to discuss why you have flowers again. A secret admire? "

Ty didn't know that August brought me the flowers I really ain't want to tell her because she's Ty. "Not really."

"Bitch I ain't about to play the guessing game. Spill the tea while it's still hot."

"August."

"August?" She repeated it back to me like she wasn't aware of what I said the first time.

"Yes, August."

"August who?"

I screwed up my eyebrows. "What other August do you know?" She was acting dumb now. She know who I was talking about. This why I didn't want to tell her because Ty blows everything out of proportion. I remember one time I told her I missed my period and she swore up and down I was pregnant. She bought me 10 different pregnancy test and scheduled me a doctors appointment and I had repeatedly told her that my period was irregular.

"August, August?"

'Yes Ty."

"August, August,  August as in August Alsina, August?"

"Yes."

"Bitch you lying. " I took the card he left in the flowers and threw it at her.

She grabbed  it reading over it. "You sending flowers to yourself aren't you?"

I shook my head and focused my attention back on work until my phone started ringing. Ty picked it up like this was her damn desk.

So I snatched the phone from her. "Hello Dr. Wallace how may I help you?"

"Proper ass." I gave Ty a look telling her to shut the fuck up and she did.

"What floor you on?" I recognized the voice, it was August.

"The 3rd. Why?" I looked at the clock seeing it was 12:10, that's the why.

"Never mind."

I hung up the phone and Ty looked at me suspiciously. "Who was that?"