Chapter 22.

Denise.

After our greeting we all walked outside the airport to the cars. There wasn't enough room for all of us so August and I got a cab. 

August told me the ride would be long to the family house. So I took it upon myself to go to sleep because I was so tired from not going to sleep on the plane.

 But it was like as soon as I went to sleep August was waking me up and telling me to get out the car. I groaned because right now I desperatly needed sleep. I blame Ty for all her blabbing on the plane. I had no clue what I was thinking not seating by August. I slowly got out the car and went to the trunk. August had already took out my bags. I grabbed one of them and then the other. I was so sleepy when I heard a loud yell. I jumped.

"You alright?" August asked. I nodded my head yes.

I looked up seeing August was talking to some guy. He was darker than August and his hair was was shorter. He had really nice eyes though and a nice smile as well. He smiled and went back talking to August.

I was putting the handle up on my suitcases when I felt someone tap my shoulder. I turned around seeing the cab driver. She handed me my backpack that I left in the car considering the fact I was so tired. She was about to walk away but the guy August was talking to grabbed her pulling her in a hug. I was confused. We all were confused. 

"Trav you know her?" August asked. 

He laughed. "No, but this yo girl." Travis pulled away from the hug. I couldn't help but laugh. 

"It's a pleasure to meet you Denise." 

I cleared my throat. "I'm Denise." 

He laughed. "August pay the cab driver so she can leave. Your beautiful by the way. If you want you can stay."

I looked at August who was laughing. He took his wallet out and gave the cab driver a $20. She said thank you and moved out the way getting back in her car and leaving.

"Travis you stupid." August said.

"Mane I ain't know you usually be with them ratchet ass girls anyway."

"Whatever. Come on Denise." August walked ahead of me into the house. Travis helped me with my bags. We got in the house and it wasn't a lot of people nor did I hear a lot of noise. However, Mama Shelia did greet us at the door. 

"Denise it's such a pleasure to see you again." I gave her a hug and smiled. 

"It's nice to see you as well." 

"Hey Mama." Her and August hugged and he gave her a kiss on the cheek. It was so sweet. I just loved his interactions with his Mom.

"Hey August. I know y'all tired from the flight so y'all go on upstairs and get some rest. Denise your room is right nex-"

August interrupted her. "Nah..she good Ma. She with me."

Mama Shelia looked at August a little skeptical.

"So let me get this right. Y'all sleeping in the same bed? Travis asked.

August pushed his glasses up on his face more and nodded his head. "That's what I said Trav."

"Okay well y'all go get some rest then." Mama dismissed herself going in the kitchen.

August and I carried our bags up stairs and into the bed room. It was a nice sized bed room, very spacious. It didn't have a bathroom inside it but it was right outside in the hall. I sat my bags in the closet and plopped down on the bed.

"I'm so tired." I kicked off my shoes and rolled over on my side. It didn't take long for sleep to take over my body. I was knocked out.

~