Chapter 4.

Characters in m/m

Would you believe me

If I said I'm fed up?

Over, the way that,

You treat me.

Would you believe me

If I said I give up?

Baby. I'm done.

Yeah, yeah

(Power Trip by Ash Kardash )

Denise.

"Denise, hunny get up." My mom shook me lightly.

"No. Five more minutes." I groaned. I didn't want to get up.

"Okay." I felt the bed rise up so I was thinking she was leaving but instead she pulled the covers off of me.

Wow Mother. "Your still a pain in the butt." She use to do the same thing to me when I was in high school. I slowly sat up wiping my eyes. I had a headache out of this world. I tried massaging my head but it wasn't working.

"You Okay?"

"Not at all."

"Hey baby." My dad walked into room sitting down next to me.

"Hey Dad."

"Your mom told me what happened and you know I told you a long time ago that boy was no good for you.'

I looked in my mom's direction giving her that 'You didn't? ' look.

"Don't start that right now. She's hurting."

"Don't try and defend her. I just came to say hi and I told you so." I rolled my eyes. Leave it time my Dad to rub it in my face. He never liked Nolan either but he didn't disrespect him. They were cordial for the most part.

"Okay. Well I appreciate you for rubbing it in. But I have to go to work." I got out the bed putting my shoes back on.

"Want a ride home?" My mom asked. I nodded my head. I hope she didn't think I was walking back.

I finished putting on my shoes and my mom and I left. The ride home was silent and neither of us spoke until we got to my apartments. "Thanks for the ride." I opened the door getting out.

"Love you. Be safe."

"I love you too Mom." I shut the door and made my way to the elevator going to my floor. When it stopped I walked the long hall way to my apartment.

~

"Good morning boo. Why the long face?" Ty was on my tail as soon as I walked into the office.

"I found out that my husband faked his death."

"What? Nolan fine ass still alive?" I glared at Ty. Now was not the time to sit here and talk about how attractive he was.

"Really?"

"Sorry boo. But I'm sorry. You want me to kill him? I know niggas, who know niggas, that know niggas, who know hit man."

"No. It's fine."

"You know I know something that'll help take your mind off him."

"What?"

"Some dick! You know what they say when you want to forget about a man go get under another man."

I shook my head. "And you have no shame."

"Shame for what? I'm a women and I have needs just like men."