Chapter 2: The capitol

Finnick gave Meredith and Cress more information about the games, about how the interview's would go and he would tell them about the practices where you could find what you are good at like climbing, or spear or knife throwing. Has he was explaining a these things, Meredith felt like having a panick attack. She wasn't good at anything, she never uses a weapon and she didn't know much about survival. There where only a couple of things she knew like making fires and nets and fishing but that was pretty much it.

  "What about you meredith, what can you do?" Asked Finnick has he finished asking that question to Cress

Meredith took a moment to answer trying to think of something

  "Huh, I know how to build a fire and make nets, I'm not to bad at fishing either" Said Meredith.

Cress laughed at that answer and Finnick gave him a sharp look

  "We do not laugh at our own, she is your allie. like it or not. She might not have the same strength has you but she has some" Growled Finnick, he didn't like Cress very much. He turned his head to face Meredith

  "What about fighting, what are you able to do?" He asked

  "Nothing, I can't do anything." Meredith had tears in her eyes, she was very scares

  "That's not true, there must be something you can do" Softly said Finnick.

He didn't want to see the poor girl cry. He felt bad for the girl and even if he had just met her he felt like he needed to take care of her.

  "I'm going to die in those games, I just know it, a small twelve year old like me doesn't stand a chance" Meredith finished by crying.

She got up and ran out of the kitchen into her room. Cress rolled his eyes, he didn't like the fact that she was picked for the games, she was weak and stupid, one thing was for sure, he wasn't going to be allies with her.

"Such a baby she is" said Cress to himself, but Finnick over heard him

"She is only twelve" he sneered

"Well one thing is for sure, im not going to be allies with her" Cress then got up and walked over to his room.

Finnick stayed sitting at the table, he couldn't believe how rude and heartless Cress was. Just because she was scared and young doesn't mean she was weak. He felt really bad for Meredith, he worried that she wouldn't have any allies and would be alone with no one to help her.
Finnick finally got up and went over to Meredith's room. He knocked on the door and he went inside. Meredith was lying on her bed crying into her pillow. It made Finnick feel really bad, it hurt to see her so sad and hopeless. He went to sit down on her bed next to her and put his hand on her back. She then stoppes sobbing and looked over at Finnick, she sat up and rubbed her puffy eyes.

  "You won't die in the games" said Finnick

  "How do you know that" Answered Meredith with a shaky voice

  "Because I'll do everything I can to train you and for you to get you sponcers"

Meredith wanted to cry again, but she didn't she didn't want to break down again. She may not be the strongest of the bravest but she was good at faking things so she would just need to fake being stong and brave. She finished by smiling at him and hugged him, Finnick smiled and hugged her back.
After a long slow ride to the capitol, the train started to slow down, they had finally arrived. Meredith was asleep in her room and was woken up softly by Finnick telling her that they had arrived. She tried to stay calm and not get to nervous. Meredith fixed her hair and she and Finnick left her room and walked into the kitchen where Cress was looking out of window waving and smilimg.