Chapter 6: memories

Meredith woke up the next morning alone. She put her training uniform on and went to the kitchen where everyone was eating. Her morning was the same has yesterday, she ate, Finnick told them what they should practice today has Cress didn't listen thinking that he knew better then Finnick.

Finnick told Meredith to practice combat and at least do about an hour of survival training and maybe practice with a weapon, if she was comfertable with it. They made their way to the training center and the gamemakers reminded them about the rules, Meredith was the only one to listen. The started to train and Meredith started off with some boxing, she had a dummy placed out for her. Meredith was about to punch the dummy when she remembered she hurt her hand. It probably wasn't a good Idea punching the dummy with her cut fist. She only practices punching with her left hand, she only practices her kicks. After about an hour of that, she went to practice survival skills until lunch.

Once lunch, Meredith looked around trying to see if there was anyone she could go sit with and try to make allies with. Most of the tributes made allies on the first day so she had to pick quickly. She tried to go sit with other tributes but they would just give her bad looks and she would walk away not wanting to get them mad. She was about to go sit down alone in the corner for the second time when she saw that Cress was eating alone. She got up and went to sit with him. He looked up at her and didn't say anything, he just ate.

"Training going well?" Asked Meredith trying to fill the awkward silence

"Fine" He answered has he continued to eat

"Made any allies yet?" She asked

"Look Meredith I know your trying to make friends but give it a rest, no one wants to allie with you, now if you don't mind leaving, I'm waiting for people" Cress said rudely.

Meredith couldn't believe that he would be so mean to her, she alway's thought that tributes from the same district where friends and allies but, she was wrong. She stared angrily at Cress before getting up and leaving him. She went back to her spot alone has she watched the tributes from district 1 and 2 sit with him, also known has the careers. Meredith just decided to give up on trying to make allies, she rather not have any actualy. She remembered about two years ago, when she was ten watching the games with Dylan, a boy who was two years older then her, they where watching the games and this girl from district 6 killed her allie from district 12. Meredith was scared that that, would happen to her. Has she sat alone eating, she started to think about Dylan, he was one of her only friends.

She met him on the beach shore one day when she was fishing. He was not to far from her, fishing has well, he was very good at it and caught about 3 fish at a time has for Meredith she had trouble catching one. The boy had curly brown hair and had mud on his face, he was fishing before Meredith even got to the beach.

"Having trouble are ya?" Asked the boy who had just caught another fish

"Just a little" Answered Meredith "I haven't been fishing for long, my dad taught me about a month ago"

Dylan walked over to her and put his hand out. Meredith shook it and smiled at him

"The names Dylan" He smiled

"Mine's Meredith"

Dylan ended up helping Meredith with her finishing, showed her some tricks she didn't know. Ever since that day they became close friends, they would do almost everything together. she remembered the day of the reaping, Dylan was 12 so it was going to be his first year with his name in the reaping ball. Meredith hoped that he wouldn't get picked and he didn't and two years later, just a couple of week's ago when Meredith got picked for the hunger games, Dylan didn't even go and say goodbye, it pained her to know that her best friend didn't even come to say bye.