Prologue: Young killer Book 2

It was a new year, a horrible year. Meredith knew what was coming but at the same time she didn't. She wasn't ready for today or the days that would proceed. She was afraid for herself but for Mags and Annie had well. Meredith sat at home, in her room, on her bed gazing at the dress her mother had picked out for her. She did not move, only stared at the dress with a tear running down her cheek. Her mind was filled with horrible images of her back inside the arena. Of her watching people die, of her dying. Meredith hit her head a couple of times telling herself to stop, to stop thinking like that, to pull herself together.

Meredith stood from her bed. She walked over to the dark green dress and threw it aside. She didn't care about looking pretty in front of the crowd anymore, she didn't care about looking like that hopeless little girl anymore. She opened her wardrobe and grabbed a light blue t-shirt with black jeans and took a brown jacket. She tied her hair into a bun and looked at herself in the mirror. She was no longer a child anymore, she was now 15 years old. No mater what her mother or anyone would tell her, she wasn't a child anymore.

Meredith pushed the door of her room open and made her way out of the house.

  "Meredith! Meredith wait!" Shouted her mother.

Meredith did not wait, she walked straight to the reaping area. People watched her has she made her way but she didn't care, she wouldn't let them bother her. She was about to enter the reaping area when someone grabbed her arm and pulled her behind a shop.

  "Dylan!" Meredith said surprised

Dylan smiled weakly and hugged Meredith. Meredith hugged him back and didn't let go for at least a good five minutes.

  "How are you feeling?" Dylan asked her

  "Nervous" Meredith admitted

Dylan stroked her head "normally I would tell you it's going to be okay, but I'm not going to lie go you, because it might not be"

"I know" Meredith answered "it's time to go"

Dylan nodded and kiss Meredith. She blushed and they made their way to the square where the town people gathered to watch the reaping. Meredith took a deep breath.

  "May the odds be ever in your favor" Dylan mocked.

He kissed Meredith one last time on the cheek and let go of her hand. She made her way up to the justice building and stood on the stand with the other female victors Annie and Mags. On Meredith's left stood Finnick, the only male victor in district four.

Meredith felt bad for Finnick, it was sure he would be in the games and there was nothing stopping it. The odds where not in his favor today. Finnick made eye contact with Meredith and weakly smiled at her. Meredith did the same but the smile was soon washed away when no other than Juniper walked onto the stage wearing a giant purple dress with big purple hair. She tapped on the mic twice.

  "Welcome, Welcome, to the third annual quarter quell!" Juniper said with excitement

The crown did not have the same excitement has the escort Juniper did.

  "Well then, lest just get started then shall we" Juniper added. "Lest start with the girl"

Juniper had a big smile on her face has she walked over to the reaping ball. She picked out one of the three names and walked back to the mic clearing the through.

  "The girl tribute is..."

Authors note: can't wait to start posting the second book but you all know what you have to do. Once this book hits 1k reads I will start posting the second book of Young Killers. Share this book to your profiles and don't forget to give it a vote and comment what you think:) Hope you are all having a nice summer!

-Dalila